Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where I work they have an 09 GXP that was owned by an exec that left the company. Originally they offered it at 32K and no one was interested, so today they lowered it to 23K. It's an automatic, with 18,000 miles. I've got an 09 GT that I bought new and I've always treated good, it makes me kind of nervous unloading it for someone else's car, especially since I don't know how they drove it. But isn't the going rate for a GXP like 30K+? If I bought it at 23, would I have any trouble at all making 5K+ if I flipped it? Seems like a pretty solid move to me, but I want to be sure before I try talking my wife into anything.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Where I work they have an 09 GXP that was owned by an exec that left the company. Originally they offered it at 32K and no one was interested, so today they lowered it to 23K. It's an automatic, with 18,000 miles. I've got an 09 GT that I bought new and I've always treated good, it makes me kind of nervous unloading it for someone else's car, especially since I don't know how they drove it. But isn't the going rate for a GXP like 30K+? If I bought it at 23, would I have any trouble at all making 5K+ if I flipped it? Seems like a pretty solid move to me, but I want to be sure before I try talking my wife into anything.
Never forget this: Cars are not a good investment.

That being said, if you're planning on flipping it, if you have the 23k to float for a month or so, yes, you could easily make money doing so.

That's what happened in the realty market until it fell through the floor.

It also depends on if it was a company owned car that no one cared for (or took care of) .... then the 23k would be accurate for an abused or dinged/bashed/scratched car.

Good luck in your decision. If it were me, I'd pass. But like you, I already have a GT that I enjoy very much.

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Any details on the car?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any details on the car?
2009 GXP, VIN 6G2EP57W79L309587, 18,198 miles, Liquid Red, Black/Red interior, Automatic, Sunroof. I've seen the car, it's been parked in our company lot for a few weeks now. Looks to be in good shape except for maybe a paint chip or two on the front (Which you'd expect I guess, but I fill all mine in as soon as I see one so I tend to notice them). Apparently they've got it at 23K because they took it to a dealer and that's what the dealer said they'd get for a trade. If you can only get 23K for a used GXP in trade, I don't even want to know what they'd offer for a GT, that seems incredibly low to me.

·
high desert road runner
235 Posts
2009 GXP, VIN 6G2EP57W79L309587, 18,198 miles, Liquid Red, Black/Red interior, Automatic, Sunroof. I've seen the car, it's been parked in our company lot for a few weeks now. Looks to be in good shape except for maybe a paint chip or two on the front (Which you'd expect I guess, but I fill all mine in as soon as I see one so I tend to notice them). Apparently they've got it at 23K because they took it to a dealer and that's what the dealer said they'd get for a trade. If you can only get 23K for a used GXP in trade, I don't even want to know what they'd offer for a GT, that seems incredibly low to me.
The dealer who was trying to take it in trade for only $23K was trying to steal the car. Beg, borrow, or steal the money and get the car quick, before someone else discovers it. If you don't like it after a few days, put it on Autotrader for $28,000 and pick up a fast $5k.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
If you decide to pass let me know. At that price Id keep my PSM parked and drive the wheels off the red one.:wink2:

·
Addicted
1,476 Posts
Buy it right now, sell the GT.

If you don't buy it..let me know I will buy it right now.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Make your move! don't sleep u might turn your head an gone just like that...then you will be saying woulda shoulda...you know the rest. lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, I am going to put my name in for it ... they're doing a drawing and I've heard 4 or 5 people are interested so no guarantees, but I don't think I can pass on the impossibly low price. If I'm lucky enough to get it I'll snap some pics before I sell the GT, I think it would be pretty sweet having 2 red G8s in the driveway..

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Good luck! If I had the spare change laying around I would jump on it. I just cant seem to keep any spare change that doesnt somehow make its way towards the one I have already!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would totally go for that buy for that price!..and if u get rid of it later i would be very interested in buying it for 27k or maybe even 28k!...let us know how it turns out for ya man!

·
G-8 AND GTO owner!!
79 Posts
Keep us updated on what happens.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Gxp

Hi;
Go to a GM dealer and ask for a Vehicle Build and a Warranty History to check up on the car.
Hope this helps
Edward Lipman

·
G8 Seller
415 Posts
Emission Select State Component Lty Wty 08/24/2009 385 MI 08/24/2016 70,385 MI
Corrosion Limited Warranty 08/24/2009 385 MI 08/24/2015 100,385 MI
Emission Select Component Ltd Wty 08/24/2009 385 MI 08/24/2017 80,385 MI
Powertrain Limited Warranty 08/24/2009 385 MI 08/24/2014 100,385 MI
Emission Limited Warranty 08/24/2009 385 MI 08/24/2012 50,385 MI
Bumper to Bumper Limited Warranty 08/24/2009 385 MI 08/24/2012 36,385 MI

·
Addicted
1,476 Posts
Update?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
28 Participants
WhiteG8GT09
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing