Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just removed a Borla exhaust system from my G8 and installed Kooks headers and Magnaflow mufflers. I obviously don't need the Borla exhaust. I bought the car in January 2021 and have no idea how long the exhaust was on the car. I am selling all the pipes and mufflers. No clamps or bolts are included as you'll have to get those on your own. The attached pictures are most of the exhaust and they are all boxed up ready to go. I stupidly forgot to take a picture of the pipes that connect to the factory CATs before I boxed everything up but, they are in the box.

I am asking $400 for the exhaust, no shipping is included in the price. I live in Northern Virginia and priced shipping them to San Diego as an example. It was $154 for UPS Ground. Obviously, a little less if you live closer to Virginia. Local pickup is fine. I might even meet you half way somewhere depending on the distance.

Musical instrument Wood Tool Gas Idiophone
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Hood

Reactions: Generalg

·
Premium Member
8,281 Posts
Best of fortune with the sale.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fair enough. I will..

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G8 aka Karma
568 Posts
That's very tempting, although I have a base model. I know you have a V8 in your G8 but how would you describe the difference between the Borla and Magnaflow mufflers? I currently have a Magnaflow axle back(w/ Magnaflow tru x)and love the sound. Always wondered about how the Borla sounds.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had Borlas with long tubes on a previous G8 and it sounded really good. I would call it more of an “exotic” sound compared to your traditional cat backs. It was definitely loud.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess it is more of a preference. With the Borla on the car and the stock manifold and cats, it did have a deeper tone than the Magnaflows IMO only.

With the Kooks headers and the upgraded cam, I would say the Magnaflows are louder and a slightly higher pitch than the Borla..

But please, listen to some youtube videos and make your own decision. I'm 66 yrs old and my hearing isn't that great, hahaha.

With the base model, a V6? Will the V8 exhaust fit on the V6? I truly have no idea..

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forget my last couple of sentences. I didn't look at your signature before I mentioned a V6.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Did they bolt up to the Kooks headers and high flo cats... tempting as I'm finding the GXP mufflers too loud with the Kooks long tube and high flow cats. Did you have the work done at a muffler shop or do it yourself?

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I had Borlas with long tubes on a previous G8 and it sounded really good. I would call it more of an “exotic” sound compared to your traditional cat backs. It was definitely loud.
Would you think the Borlas would be quieter than GXP mufflers? I have Kooks long tube and high flo cats with the stock GXP mufflers and it's too loud for me, especially at highway speeds over 70.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Would you think the Borlas would be quieter than GXP mufflers? I have Kooks long tube and high flo cats with the stock GXP mufflers and it's too loud for me, especially at highway speeds over 70.
I honestly don’t know as I don’t have any personal experience with the GXP mufflers. I would think the Borlas would be louder than a factory GXP muffler.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, on the used Borla exhaust. Now, sound is always someone's opinion in my view. I purchased the GT in Jan 2021 and it had the Borla exhaust system on it. Stock manifolds and cats. The Borla exhaust bolted to the cats, then it was all slip together piping for the rest of the system. To me the sound was not that loud and actually had a reasonable base tone to it. I live on an extended cul-de-sac of 18 homes. I asked some of the neighbors at random if the exhaust was offensive and no one said it was. They could hear me but, it was not an issue. Like Steeda95, I have no experience with GXP mufflers.

I removed the exhaust system myself with some help from my older son and we installed the Kooks LT headers, Green CATs, X-Pipe and Magnaflow mufflers ourselves. Since you have Kooks LT and high flow CATs, I don't believe this stock system would directly bolt up behind your CATs based on what I had to assemble.

Did I answer your questions?

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Yes thanks... I'm on the lookout for some stock GT mufflers!

Reactions: plemon61

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hope you find some..

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm interested and can pay for shipping by issuing a label provided with the dimensions/weight of the box*s. PM sent

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SALE PENDING...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes thanks... I'm on the lookout for some stock GT mufflers!
Where are you located ? I have a pair of stock GT mufflers I took off 2 years ago. I'm in NY

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Where are you located ? I have a pair of stock GT mufflers I took off 2 years ago. I'm in NY
Hi, I found some that I will be getting next week. If for some reason this falls through I will let you know. Thanks

Reactions: plemon61

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SOLD ..

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just removed a Borla exhaust system from my G8 and installed Kooks headers and Magnaflow mufflers. I obviously don't need the Borla exhaust. I bought the car in January 2021 and have no idea how long the exhaust was on the car. I am selling all the pipes and mufflers. No clamps or bolts are included as you'll have to get those on your own. The attached pictures are most of the exhaust and they are all boxed up ready to go. I stupidly forgot to take a picture of the pipes that connect to the factory CATs before I boxed everything up but, they are in the box.

I am asking $400 for the exhaust, no shipping is included in the price. I live in Northern Virginia and priced shipping them to San Diego as an example. It was $154 for UPS Ground. Obviously, a little less if you live closer to Virginia. Local pickup is fine. I might even meet you half way somewhere depending on the distance.

View attachment 186711 View attachment 186724
Long shot but do you happen to still have this?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts