Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at the dealer yesterday getting an oil change and tire rotation so I take a walk outside to check out the used car lot. There were 6 G8 V6 cars on the lot all going for 21 to 22K. I purchased mine new for 24K. They all had 40-60K miles and it didn't matter if they had leather or cloth. Actually the cloth interiors looked better than the leather, they just don't show the wear like the leather seating does. I am glad I got the cloth. I am always getting letters from the dealer asking me if I would trade mine in for a Buick, no thanks. They even called me and I still said no thanks. I plan on keeping mine for a long time.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I constantly see V6's for sale with the asking prices in the 20's. Heck I saw one asking 25k and it had 40,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Wow.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
OMG ,sombody buy her and DESTROY that PUTRIAD interior...............

·
Registered
516 Posts
I am at the dealer yesterday getting an oil change and tire rotation so I take a walk outside to check out the used car lot. There were 6 G8 V6 cars on the lot all going for 21 to 22K. I purchased mine new for 24K. They all had 40-60K miles and it didn't matter if they had leather or cloth. Actually the cloth interiors looked better than the leather, they just don't show the wear like the leather seating does. I am glad I got the cloth. I am always getting letters from the dealer asking me if I would trade mine in for a Buick, no thanks. They even called me and I still said no thanks. I plan on keeping mine for a long time.

That is good to see. I am in the process of trading in my V6 in with 34,800 miles and they are going to give me $18000 for it. Makes sense that they would mark it up to 21-22K.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
It's funny how many more G8's there seem to be (based on how you guys talk in other states and from what I've seen) in places like MI, MD, AL, FL, - southern and midwest states basically - you can't really find any in the northeast used or even on the road much

·
Registered
516 Posts
It's funny how many more G8's there seem to be (based on how you guys talk in other states and from what I've seen) in places like MI, MD, AL, FL, - southern and midwest states basically - you can't really find any in the northeast used or even on the road much
Yeah its weird. There are 4 G8s within a mile of me including mine. One is on my street 150 feet from my house. I see 1-2 G8s a day driving around. The weird thing is I see more G8s that I see the new Gen Chargers. I find that kind of odd assuming there should be allot more chargers than G8 driving around.

·
I maek mah avitar :3
338 Posts
I got the Cloth interior as well. Feels better on my @$$ and looks better as well.

Lots of V6s for sale in my area with no takers. One has been on sale at a dealer since Halloween of last year.

I don't know, though. My last car was a V8 that required premium. As expensive as it was to maintain the vehicle, I still miss that chore. Also my other dream car just popped up in the local ad (2003 Infiniti M45), it actually has some things in common with the G8. Now I want that, lol.

·
Registered
864 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts