Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
PROCHARGED!
1,879 Posts
ooo so pretty, looking at this made me wonder... are all GXPs 09.5s?

Low Miles! One Owner! 6 Speed G8 GXP! Pristine! Mileage:3,779 miles

lol 3800 miles and ONE OWNER!!! wooot!

·
GWS Pontiac
634 Posts
are all GXPs 09.5s?
seems it's barely able to claim it's an '09 since it was built in November...

whoever's selling couldn't have had it more than 2 months, give or take a week @ 400+ miles a week

it'll be interesting to see how this auction goes

great pics of a White Hot GXP

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
I guess the bozo with 0 feedback thought he could get it cheap by throwing in a low bid, lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
I drove this GXP yesterday at Freeman. I was shocked to find a used 6sp in the pre owned lot as I drove through looking for new GXP's. The story on this one is that the owner bought it in Feb, trading in his BMW 6 series. he put 3700 miles on it and came back to buy back his BMW.

The car is MINT inside and out. I solidified my view that it's a beautiful looking and incredible performing automobile.....but it's also not for me. I hope they sell 'em all and make some money, I'll crane my neck when one goes by and smile knowing that someone is enjoying one helluva ride. However, when I drove a 135i I felt like someone had a built a car just for me. I was hoping the GXP would do me the same way but not quite.

The salesman didn't even know it was a GXP and actually asked me how much HP it has while we were driving it. I don't get 90% of the sales people I meet on domestic lots.

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
How much were they asking for it? Also what is a 135i, I think you mean a 335i

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, I almost forgot the best part...they wanted 39,000 for it! I just about laughed out loud knowing I could drive 15 minutes across town and get a brand spankin new one for 37k and 0% for 60. I have no idea how these guys deal on their cars.....I do know that their service department has been outstanding to us when servicing our GMC Acadia (and we didn't buy it from them).

Google 135i. It's a small, somewhat clumsy looking, 2 door Beamer that packs a twin turbo six. Smooth as hell. It's basically what the M3 used to be.

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
I didn't think you would compare a small car with the G8, that's why I thought it was a typo.

Most dealerships ask a high price, then that leaves room for a discount and the buyer thinks they are getting a deal. I bet the gave the guy about $30K for the car, so they'll still make money on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Similar performance numbers/price points and both are RWD, beyond that they are two completely different animals. One detriment to being obsessed with new cars is that my list of potential rides actually spans a much wider spectrum than the difference between a GXP and 135i.

A dealer asking a high price is one thing....asking above new car pricing (factoring in current incentives) is a bit humorous.

·
Looking To Steal A G8
55 Posts
theres a new one on ebay for less than 1k more lol

·
I chase paper!!!
1,130 Posts
They just came out! Why are there used GXPs on the market already!? Why are people buying these and getting rid of them!? For God Sakes WHY!!!!?

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
Maybe they can't handle all the power, lol

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
How much were they asking for it? Also what is a 135i, I think you mean a 335i
a 135 is the new 2-door BMW coupe that has the same twin turbo 6 from the 335i. It's actually a bit faster than the 335... 0-60 in 4.7 seconds. Very sweet little couple

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Or the payments.
maybe it lacked the hi-brow status of a 6series bimmer... given the 6series was never a big seller... lends to his thought process, not to bright :slap:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
18 Participants
nosbusa1500
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing