Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 g8 v6. my a/c went out because the high psi side hose is leaking P/N 92202288. I have looked at several cites and I can not find this part anywhere, i just see "not available " or " discontinued". Has anybody come across this b4? Is there a replacement part that anybody knows of ?

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
Did you try Rock Auto
No dice and only see a listing for the drier to evaporator refrigerant line. Also, tried cross-referencing the number to no avail so a salvage yard might be the next best option.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Is this part # still available in in the G8 motherland down under?
Shipping would be the killer, otherwise your probably right, salvage yard or find someone parting out a V6

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
Good question. Wonder if a dealership parts department has one lying around, if so, shudder and cringe to think how much it would cost. Do you happen to know where the high pressure line is leaking?

·
Premium Member
4,203 Posts
If you are unable to find a replacement pipe assembly, is there any chance a small shaped aluminum overlay piece could be placed around that damaged area, an welded ?

·
Registered
363 Posts
If the leak is on the hard line You can also use a ac inline high side filter like the TSI Supercool 13128 Universal High Side In-Line Filter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Look into one for a 2010 V6 camaro.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Here’s one from a 2012 V6 Caprice. It looks different just like how the Camaro part looks different.

3.6L V6 2012 Caprice: ACDelco 15-34916

3.6L V6 2011 Camaro: ACDelco 15-34441

The Caprice looks to be the closest fit based upon a stare and compare of the different hoses.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts