Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so it's it time for me to change my breaks and I'm not sure what I should do. The previous owner put the cheapest set on the car before and I ran through them in over a year... So I want a upgrade but I don't want to break the bank. Any suggestions? (Rotors and pads)

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
The upgrade in my sig has been great so far and can be had for around 450 minus the SS lines.

·
I maek mah avitar :3
338 Posts
I have the same setup as karl minus the SS lines.

However, I upgraded mine to GT brakes. 1" more diameter. Many GT guys sell their GT Brakes after upgrading to Brembos so you may see some for sale in the classified section from time to time.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
I have a complete set of GT
Ones I never put on my Base I had. All brackets and calipers and rotors that were turned.
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a set of drilled/slotted from brakeperformance, used their rotors on my 88 vette for the past few years and they are pretty solid. Also switched to Hawk ceramic pads. Did all 4 corners for less than $500 and the car stops like butter. Painted the calipers, brackets, and back plates while I was at it:

(rotor became silver once I started driving)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.