Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I've got an LY7 (which is why I'm posting where I am!) and I was wondering if anyone has built one up and what you've done. Any info would be useful. (example - what cam you used, did you stroke it? Did you change the piston heads? did you change the engine cylinder heads? what fuel ejectors/pump did you use? excreta..)
Thanks!

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
There isn't a whole lot you can do, especially with the weak transmission. Seriously if you are going to spend all that money you might as well get a GT.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There isn't a whole lot you can do, especially with the weak transmission. Seriously if you are going to spend all that money you might as well get a GT.
I hear ya, I've had everyone tell me that.. But what if the trans wasn't an issue. I have a plan in the works for a trans swap.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Get a hold of Les on the Canada board, I don't think anyone has gone as fas as he has modding a V6.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
I'm not V6 bashing either so please no one go off on me lol. I don't think anyone has built the v6 with cams, pistons, rods, cylinder heads etc. Most run a tune, headers, cai, etc. Simple stuff. There was one guy on here who did the transmission swap, unfortunately I can't recall his name. Another user, Hazer, tried to build up his v6 but eventually did a V8/transmission swap. Best of luck and look forward to your results.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Best of luck and look forward to your results.
I won't Zodiac! And yea, that's where I've run into issues. Almost no one has done anything major to their v6.. I have a couple plans I'm working on and hopefully I'll have another post in a couple months with a seriously awesome LY7!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
^^^I'm a V6 owner and and have left my bone stock due to the reasons Zodiac has mentioned.
At some point I'm going to step up to a GT (gotta rob a bank though) and even then will leave it stock but thats me.
All the same Les has gotten really good results with what he has done with intakes, exhaust work and a tune not to mention suspension upgrades.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts