Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Got to the dyno finally. Heres the numbers. A little disappointed but we will work on it some more.
283 HP at the Flywheel
227.4 rear wheel
246.6 Torque.
Overall 22 HP increase.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBf0aXrpPz8
Not to bad as there is not a lot left on the V6. I was disappointed on my V8 numbers but from my seat it makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Hey, more is better, question is where do you go from here, as Dave just said is there any more there to be had?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Hey, more is better, question is where do you go from here, as Dave just said is there any more there to be had?
I would like to see what the V6 can do but for the money I believe the V8 is the better investment for me.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts

·
OGOC Member
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
OGOC Member
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
There are other things we can do, but cost is the issue.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I'm thinking unless you want to do head work or cams along with headers this may have ground to a standstill. If you are going to start pulling the engine apart its going to start costing some serious cash as you stated.

·
OGOC Member
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ya Im not going crazy at all with it just squeezing what I can out of her.
Plus the dyno,from the others guys saying seems a little low on HP even their cars numbers were low also.
So maybe add 10 HP to the numbers.
I feel thats more accurate.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
10-4 there are variables on any dyno.
So if you've got 30+/- HP from bolt-on's and a few other modes that's not to shabby.
Drive safe.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Ya Im not going crazy at all with it just squeezing what I can out of her.
Plus the dyno,from the others guys saying seems a little low on HP even their cars numbers were low also.
So maybe add 10 HP to the numbers.
I feel thats more accurate.
Where was it dynode?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I no u guys are talking power here bt has anyone put 3.27 gears or 3.45s in a v6 yet?? Our cars seem to struggle qhite abit right off th line and im js curious if anyone has dont it yet and how much difference it made!? Im planning on getting all of overkills mods for my car bt i need another pay check..

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I no u guys are talking power here bt has anyone put 3.27 gears or 3.45s in a v6 yet?? Our cars seem to struggle qhite abit right off th line and im js curious if anyone has dont it yet and how much difference it made!? Im planning on getting all of overkills mods for my car bt i need another pay check..
Valtec1500 has put 3.27 in.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Mot sure maybe he can chime in.

·
OGOC Member
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Do u no if he was happy with the results he got??
Valtec and I were on the track together, and it didn't do much on the track, but dyno to old be different.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts

·
OGOC Member
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
He hasn't said too much about it to me. Ha enter heard from him in a long time. But ya definitely helps off the line somewhat.

·
OGOC Member
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I'm not to sure bro. Forgot to ask. I run an oiled k&n. Either way their both good.

21 - 40 of 92 Posts