Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about doing this but I have no found any videos of just a stock washer mod for a v6. I found some good ones on YouTube but they all had non stock pipes. I can't find the how to do it post if there is one on here so sorry for making a new one if there is.

If anyone has any info on how to do it myself or if it's something I can do on my own or a local shop, please feel free to leave me some advice.

Thank you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If it's the washer mod that I am familiar with, all you do is take off stock mufflers. There are 2 bolts per muffler that you will remove. Remove them, add a washer or two to create a gap between your muffler and where it hooks back to the rest of the exhaust and put the bolts back in. I wouldn't recommend this however because you get a real weird sound that everyone outside the car can hear. It kinda just sounds like an exhaust leak, it will be a little bit louder though.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that sucks. All the videos I saw were that mod but they had pipes on like a solo or axle or something else with it so I never got to hear just a stock car with just the washer mod.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I rode around with this until I installed my x-pipe and removed the mid muffler and resonators. It was fun and got me through until I could set up better mods.

Like BMWKILLER said, you just put some washers on one side of the flange. Takes 10 minutes and if you don't like it you can put it back to stock in another 10.

-Dennis-

·
Registered
44 Posts
I rode around with this until I installed my x-pipe and removed the mid muffler and resonators. It was fun and got me through until I could set up better mods.

Like BMWKILLER said, you just put some washers on one side of the flange. Takes 10 minutes and if you don't like it you can put it back to stock in another 10.

-Dennis-
Hey man I'm looking into doing some kind of exhaust work for my v6 as well. Do you have any sound clips of you car with the xpipe and mid & res delete?
I am really trying to avoid the ricer sound.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hey man I'm looking into doing some kind of exhaust work for my v6 as well. Do you have any sound clips of you car with the xpipe and mid & res delete?
I am really trying to avoid the ricer sound.
Here ya go.

-Dennis-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts