Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what's involved with this swap beyond the obvious engine harness/pcm and drop in mechanical parts? Is there interior wiring harness changes needed? If it's engine bay work only...that's pretty managable. I'm mostly concerned about the interior work.

I've searched everywhere and can't find anything on it other than Hazer did it but can't find any details.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thread I read had no details. I all ready stated I searched lol

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Type in Hazer Oreo in the seach box at Top. and all the threads on it come up.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read all through that thread before posting but didn't see any meat and potatoes on the actual electrical stuff needed to change. Just lots of pictures of the engine. Maybe I missed it but just didn't see any details other than stuff he was doing to the engine itself.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Send him a private message,and see if he responds.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did that first, never replied. I've been looking at diagrams. The stupid external tcm is the trouble maker.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Google hazerwerks

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been comparing some wiring diagrams...mainly the engine harness to body harness connector. Lot's of differences. Looks like a fair amount of wires can be moved within the plug to connect correctly the engine harness, some are just not needed(trans stuff) and a couple would need to be added(heated O2 wires).

I guess in general, a interior harness needs swapped also to do a real nice clean swap.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know this thread is kind of old already but if u want to actually talk to a guy who has done it before ther is a guy in Colorado who build Utes just search Utes in Colorado and it shud come up I think his name is randy.. Bt I'm not completely sure about tht.. Bt I ws looking in to it once and he told me he sed if u wanna do it basically ur gonna have t find u a wrecked one with th v8 and swap all th parts over.. If I recall correctly he sed stuff tht needs to be changed is radiator fuel lines power steering pump engine bay wiring harness a/c pump idk js lots of other little stuff if u gt a hold of him he's extremely nice t talk to he'll give u a full run down on it!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know this thread is kind of old already but if u want to actually talk to a guy who has done it before ther is a guy in Colorado who build Utes just search Utes in Colorado and it shud come up I think his name is randy.. Bt I'm not completely sure about tht.. Bt I ws looking in to it once and he told me he sed if u wanna do it basically ur gonna have t find u a wrecked one with th v8 and swap all th parts over.. If I recall correctly he sed stuff tht needs to be changed is radiator fuel lines power steering pump engine bay wiring harness a/c pump idk js lots of other little stuff if u gt a hold of him he's extremely nice t talk to he'll give u a full run down on it!
Interesting...found it. It's lefthandutes.com

·
Registered
22 Posts
A friend of mine is Australia bought a wrecked V8 ute for 7k, swapped everything over then sold off the rest of car and his v6 stuff for around 3k. Ended up costing him $4,000 AUD and took him three days to do. Had to swap over pretty much everything.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Just a little tidbit I noticed during my engine swap is the BCM works fine with the ECM removed. Also if getting rid of the electronic trans its easy to jump the GMLAN pins and flash a manual file so it runs fine. These cars aren't very complicated you can do pretty much whatever you want if you have the desire.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've been comparing some wiring diagrams...mainly the engine harness to body harness connector. Lot's of differences. Looks like a fair amount of wires can be moved within the plug to connect correctly the engine harness, some are just not needed(trans stuff) and a couple would need to be added(heated O2 wires).

I guess in general, a interior harness needs swapped also to do a real nice clean swap.

No interior harness needs to be swapped, just engine bay harness, well that technically runs inside and connects up in passenger side footwell. The external ecm for the v6 is in the same spot, that can be torn out.

You will also need the engine harness. It’s all mostly plug and play.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
To each his own.
I don't have the ability never mind the money and space to do this but if you want to give it a go don't let my comments deter you.
Even Hazer at one point made the comment if he knew what he was getting into he probably just would have gotten a GT.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts