Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you have bought your car if it was only offered in a v6?

For me I love the look of the the G8's but I wouldn't have even been interested without the v8.

Just wondering what your opinion is on this.

·
Official Top Gear Addict
177 Posts
Considering mine is a GXP. No. A V6 GXP would have been a sin and a bad marketing move in a G8 in my opinion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I feel the same way as all of you. I like mustangs, camaros, chargers, challengers of the v8 variant but could care less about the 6 cylinder models.

·
Registered
590 Posts
V8 only for me. I had some fun with my old L67, but I'd have been done with Pontiac if not for the 6.0

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
174 Posts
Only if it was a v6TT

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Back in '09 I said to the wife - Let's go over here, they have some V6s - She says - What, are you nuts?
I like the way she thinks!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Wouldnt have even looked at the car, probably would have bought a used GTO.

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Nope, I replaced my old V8 sedan (BMW 540) with a new V8 sedan. I love how this car looks also but to be honest I didn't even realize that some G8's come with a V6....

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
no, was going to get a BOM GTO then i heard the Commodore was gonna get on the boat. i was not happy about how the IOM G8 looked but loved the car after test driving the first one that made it to the lot. after financial setbacks i was finally able to buy my SBM in 2011 turned out for the better i would have been upset if i bought an 08 and SBM came out for 09. car sits in the garage and when i walk out to get in my DD scion xb i am so glad i have the G8 every morning. 28 days till my procharger install i feel like a kid on Christmas eve. still kind of want a BOM GTO. V6 never was an option in my mind ever.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.