Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not too sure how accurate the sites that are available to the public for car prices actually are. Dealers use Black Book, etc, which is updated more often and is more accurate. But Im interested in opinions as to the value of a 2009 (early, not 2009.5) that is White Hot, both Sport and Premium packages with sunroof, summer Bridgestone tires (19") and less than 11,000 miles. Also has the black/red leather interior. Absolutely stock, no mods, no wrecks, not abused, Mobil 1 since new, etc. Primarily driven with only me, the driver, on board; sometimes one passenger. A true "as new" car.

I keep reading how well they hold their value...just wonder what that means in dollars and cents, LOL :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I paid for my 2008 G8 GT base with 16,xxx miles, very clean, one owner, no scratches, in the pic in my sig, about a month ago and I paid 24K. I paid a little more then I should but I got a really good warranty and gap insurance. Mine was bone stock with everything original including the tires. I purchased mine from a Hyundai dealer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
SSsmokin99, thats the exact car I want! I sold my 3.6L to buy a house & ended up with a wimpy Ford Fusion. :-( if you're ever interested in selling yours, definitely let me know!!!:)

·
Registered
845 Posts
I'd say 24-25k if you sold it your self. Little more if some one has there heart set on the white hot.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the problem with selling it at that price is that to replace it costs a bunch more. A check of similar Camaro SS models shows me that; with the blind spot on the Camaro thrown in for free....

I think the original prices on these were actually pretty reasonable, once you waited until they were piling up on lots, then the dealer added profit dropped and you could get a fair price....

·
Registered
861 Posts
Just keep it! I don't think you'll find anything comparable for the price at this time. You'll be hard-pressed to find another someday with such low miles should you change your mind.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh I know. I was mostly just wondering value. My neighbor has a 2011 Camaro, and I much prefer the G8- and it believe this car, despite the well known issues, is a VERY well built car for the "long haul". I've heard the roads in Austrailia are even worse than the ones here were I live, lol. Plus, owning a car since new only happens to that car once (as the orig owner, you know what has happened to it, if anything...)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where are these low mileage G8's coming from? It's crazy

In my case, I drive my truck quite a bit of the time during the week, so the days of commuting 500 miles/week are over for me. If I need to drive across the state, I will grab the car, though, as long as it isnt snowing or icing....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
sssmokin99
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing