Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't recall reading about anyone checking the installed height when swapping out their valvesprings? I'm assuming it's safe to skip this step then because our heads are stock, i.e. no 3 angle valve job to make the valve sit lower in the seat....

Opinions? Just wondering if I should bother adding the expense of the height micrometer (about $70 or so) and shims....

Thanks!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Depends on the springs you will be running. I'm running Lunati .650 springs and even though your installed static height will not change because you are using original valves, It must be within the recommended install height for the springs. It wont hurt to check. I did and was ok. It's not a waste. Plus, you will have it on hand if you ever do need it....less running around.

I'm actually getting ready to post a " it's cheaper to make sure posts" now.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What tool did you use? I had hopped over to LS1tech and it seems there is some issue with our retainers not fitting properly in the available tools....

Also came across Brian Tooley valve springs. Looks like his 660's would work. Any opinion on those? I was also considering PRC 650's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts