Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been running the VCM OTR for almost a year now. This intake relocates the MAF/IAT to a very hot location. Today I relocated the IAT out in front of the air filter. This made a huge difference. This should be a required mod if you put the VCM OTR (and maybe the Vararam) on your car.

here are my results

OAT: 65F

IAT before relocation = 113F
IAT after relocation = 71F

To verify this, I mounted a type K temp sensor in both the before and after locations. The IAT sensor was reading the same temperature as the thermal couple in both places.

Last summer I was getting 155F IAT sitting in the staging lanes at the drag strip with an ambient OAT of under 50F. I can't wait to take this to the track and try it out.

Anybody have any idea how much timing is lost to 42 degrees of heat soak? I wonder if I'll see a difference in my ET?

·
Premium Member
10,254 Posts
I am considering a hsrk for my vcm. I also would like to see your pics, op.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
I HIGHLY recommend an HSRK for the VCM OTR CAI. I installed mine behind the filter and it works great. I will have to see if I can get pictures posted of my location.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I plan to mount it on the left, behind the filter. I just have it thrown in there right now...I wanted to test it out first. I'll put some pictures up when it's done.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is the harness. I just followed the DIY sticky. I used M22759/81-22-5 wire and PEEK braid. Wire Cable Electronic device Technology Electronics accessory

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
10,254 Posts
Thanks for the pic, Dogcat, I will add this to my "spring list". :)

--zep

·
Registered
786 Posts
This may be a dumb question but I have to ask... If I have a HSRK currently on my vararam and I upgrade to the VCM intake would I be able to just reuse my current HSRK on the VCM?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Thanks for the pic, Dogcat, I will add this to my "spring list". :)

--zep
C'mon Zep, go big for the spring mod and add a 4" (102mm) Spectre 9705 and a card MAF to complete the VCM install. I suspect livernois can send you the tune for the new maf. Will have to swap wires to get the maf connector correct.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Subd for install pics, i wanna do this too

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Here is where I installed mine:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.