Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering selling my G8 GT in the first half of next year in order to pick up a new SS. I've been looking at some of the sites on the web for car values (Kelly Blue Book, NADA, Edmunds), and there's a pretty wide range of values it comes up with. Most of them seem to be a lot lower than what I thought it should be based on prices I've seen on here of people selling their cars, and also on cars.com in the Florida area I live in. I realize people can ask whatever price but that doesn't mean that's what it sold for.

My car is one of the first 888, has the premium and sport packages, and is pretty much stock in all the areas that really matter. It also has about 77,000 miles on it. Oh, and it's PBM, with the black interior.

Does anyone have a good place to look for values of a vehicle like this?

·
Registered
70 Posts
For me as a buyer, I go by the eBay prices. I think open market gives you the best indication of what your car is worth. Now, you as a seller you might not like the eBay price. I think the best is to look at Craig's List, and cars for sale in your area. Also, I think the car has better prices in the south than in the north, in the bigger cities than in the small. You should also take a look at the specialized web sites: CarGurus, Autotrader, Cars.com and so and get a good feeling of what the car is worth.

Good Luck...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And therein lies my problem. When I look at vehicles for sale on cars.com and cargurus.com, the prices within 500 miles of my location range from $18,000-$24,000, for a GT with equivalent miles. These prices are significantly higher than values listed on Kelly Blue Book, which had the highest prices of the car value sites I checked.

Also, I understand people can ask whatever prices they want, but if I decide to sell, I would like to find a realistic price to start from. To me, that would be $18,000 - $20,000, but I wanted to see what people that are on here and know would think.

·
Registered
76 Posts
^^I agree... should be easy to get $17K. Gotta find the right buyer for $19K+. I sold my G8 in July for $12K with 114K on it; the buyer found me through cargurus.

·
Registered
41 Posts
when i bought my car, I looked for a stock clean example for one. I am trying to sell mine now, and folks would rather have a modified car? makes no sense to me.

Yea, the "sold" filter within ebay motors is awesome for seeing what folks sell their cars for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts