Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are there any functional alternatives to the VG that perhaps are a little less pricey? I really don't hate the stock antenna so I'd rather not spend most of $100 just for a cosmetic replacement if there are options.
I'm an electronic noob but, for instance, would a sharkfin from a newer Camaro or Impala work on our cars?

·
Registered
30 Posts
VG hasn't been responsive in a while according to Google reviews, I tried to buy one, but not a peep 4 weeks later. I'd love to find one as well.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm going to try this
GM OEM-Antenna-Antenna Assy 10335281
It's from several GM and GMC cars and trucks part number 15174755 or 10335281.

I looked at the impala antenna from a 2012 and those have at least one connector that is different from the G8 antenna connector. The G8 has a connector with 3 wires and another with one wire along with a ground where as the impala has a connector with 2 wires and another with one wire. I suppose if one knew how the wiring to the antenna is supposed to be wired one could alter the impala antenna to work with the G8 harness.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
In my long history of buying factory paint match items, I've never found cheap to be worth it. I have a VG and it's going on 8 years and still looks great. Sucks to hear they might be out of business.

·
Registered
30 Posts
In my long history of buying factory paint match items, I've never found cheap to be worth it. I have a VG and it's going on 8 years and still looks great. Sucks to hear they might be out of business.
Yeah, the weird thing is that the site is still up, still accepting money, and has a valid/current SSL certificate, so it's being maintained by someone. But recent Google reviews show they've been unresponsive and not been filling orders. I ordered one 6 or 7 weeks ago and nothing, just opened a dispute with the credit card company.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm going to try this
GM OEM-Antenna-Antenna Assy 10335281
It's from several GM and GMC cars and trucks part number 15174755 or 10335281.

I looked at the impala antenna from a 2012 and those have at least one connector that is different from the G8 antenna connector. The G8 has a connector with 3 wires and another with one wire along with a ground where as the impala has a connector with 2 wires and another with one wire. I suppose if one knew how the wiring to the antenna is supposed to be wired one could alter the impala antenna to work with the G8 harness.
This also would require a double end threaded stud for this antenna to be installed.
675-097 by DORMAN - DBL END STUD

·
Slowly gaining acceptance
419 Posts
Yeah, the weird thing is that the site is still up, still accepting money, and has a valid/current SSL certificate, so it's being maintained by someone. But recent Google reviews show they've been unresponsive and not been filling orders. I ordered one 6 or 7 weeks ago and nothing, just opened a dispute with the credit card company.
That's too bad. I haven't used VG for years, but when I was trying to stash aftermarket satellite radio antennas under Volkswagen roof antennas, I went with VG shark fins and they were nice.

·
every village has one
2,168 Posts
Always had good luck with VG. I needed new gaskets for my antenna when I had the roof wrapped and they were all over it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts