Pontiac G8 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Marauder you have to turn Rear Aux on from the set up menu. Press the Menu Knob then scroll all the way down. Rear Aux is listed second from the bottom. Highlight it and press the Menu button again. Select "on" and exit out. It should work for you.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
skuzbucket, I have never been able to find the pin out for the audio connection. The diagram from the first post here is a close as it comes.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Marauder you have to turn Rear Aux on from the set up menu. Press the Menu Knob then scroll all the way down. Rear Aux is listed second from the bottom. Highlight it and press the Menu button again. Select "on" and exit out. It should work for you.
Great information, thanks!

Another question, when I enable the rear aux in can I toggle between the two using the AUX button? Just thinking about using the rear for the Sirius (2008 model) and the front aux for an iPod.

·
Facebook Moderator
1,452 Posts
Pleassssssssssse repost the pictures!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Great information, thanks!

Another question, when I enable the rear aux in can I toggle between the two using the AUX button? Just thinking about using the rear for the Sirius (2008 model) and the front aux for an iPod.
Correct. But only if there is something plugged into both the front and rear inputs.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Here is my final install, yay!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Just for the record I did this using the cables that plug into the motherboard for USB ports on a computer. It took me a long time to find a cable that would work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has anyone else done this and found there is already conectors in the holes on the head unit?

I did on my British spec Vauxhall VXR8 not sure if this is for the factory fitted bluetooth or it is pre wired for factory sat nav or maybe even the rear overhead DVD player that they have in Aus?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you. Never fabricated anything in my life before. but It works great and was cheap. i went to a Computer repair store and they just gave me the wires i needed.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Is anyone on here fabbing up these cables for members? I would gladly pay someone to do it for me, as I trust people who have done it before a little better than myself. I would need a cable that has the three outputs, like the OP...

Or do they sell these through JHP, without the VIM... I am not sure which item number they are on their website.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I ordered an 18 pin and 12 pin .100 spacing from an electronic supply, plugs were Tyco and they worked perfectly. There is a post in this thread about Tyco being the manufacturer. Easy as cake. Thanks G8Smitty for the great documentation. I installed a backup camera, and am pondering the VIM to kill the 2mph shut-off...

·
G8 GT Premium Met. Grey
128 Posts
i just want to buy ready made rca-cables for the video/audio that are ready to plug in. anyone got an extra set or want to make some $ ?

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
^^^^PM Sent^^^^

i just want to buy ready made rca-cables for the video/audio that are ready to plug in. anyone got an extra set or want to make some $ ?
I just sent you a PM

61 - 80 of 108 Posts