Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a new GoPro and wanted to start recording all the horror show drivers around here. I put this quick video together of some idiots I encountered on the ride into work today alone. Gunna be making a lot more of these. This is basically just a test of the camera and editing the vid.

Please rate and comment!

http://youtu.be/PbSVlfcHW2o

·
I can haz cheesburger?
329 Posts
+1 for Disturbed there at the end. However, if this is what you consider "bad", I'd like to invite you to Chicago for a weekend.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
+1 for Disturbed there at the end. However, if this is what you consider "bad", I'd like to invite you to Chicago for a weekend.
+1

But id say Illinois in general..

Sent from a nuke plant with my S3

·
Registered
1,792 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh it gets far worse. This clip was made from only 30 minutes of driving on a mild day.

how did you mount the go pro?
+1 .... nice spot... interested how and where you mounted
It's on the suction cup mount which is attached to the glass of the moon roof and hangs there. I tried the windshield last night.

I will post pics later today so you guys can see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Its pretty self explanatory and briliant at the same damn time lulz.

Really nice spot. I wonder how to get that view for non-sun roof owners.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
How about that guy that didn't stop for that stop sign at 25sec, that drives me NUTS! ;) Sure I'll speed around and play with my car but a couple things I do not do,

#1 Run Stop signs, I stop for them, always. I'm not gonna blow a stop sign and wreck someone else!
#2 Run Red lights, again I stop for them, always. Same as the stop signs.
#3 speeding thru a neighborhood, NEVER! Kids are playing and I couldn't live with myself if I hit a kid.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Quite a wide variety of music selection indeed. You are so calm behind the wheel, and the commentary is fun to listen to. Would really suck if you actually got on footage someone having a truely close call (like cutting you off or worse) and see how you would react. Just as chill? :)

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
And awesome mounting. That is probably the one bad thing about my car having no roof, no good glass mounting points except for the side windows or windshield. Maybe I could mount the gopro somewhere near the sunglasses holder or something.

·
Registered
996 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How about that guy that didn't stop for that stop sign at 25sec, that drives me NUTS! ;) Sure I'll speed around and play with my car but a couple things I do not do,

#1 Run Stop signs, I stop for them, always. I'm not gonna blow a stop sign and wreck someone else!
#2 Run Red lights, again I stop for them, always. Same as the stop signs.
#3 speeding thru a neighborhood, NEVER! Kids are playing and I couldn't live with myself if I hit a kid.
Things that really get me are people who don't maintain speed on the highway, passing in the wrong lanes, and not using turn signals. Also, 90% of drivers I see making lane changes on the highway don't even bother to check their blind spots to make sure it's safe on top of not using a turn signal.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Yeah I kinda think of it as if you can't signal for a lane change then you really shouldn't be driving at all. I mean if you can't figure out how to flip that switch up or down then the task of driving must REALLY mess with you!

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
that's it? dude, come to nj and drive on the turnpike or route 80. you'll go back home and kiss your fellow commuters

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Come to Orlando where everyone is on vacation or from another country and doesn't even know where they want to go , much less, how to get there.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
I've lived and driven in several places (Chicago, Detroit and other MI places, Ohio, CA, NY, etc...) but the worst drivers are by far in Redmond, WA. Yes, in all those places you have people who take risks and endanger you, but they typically are predictable and common. Here in WA, we get a lot of people from India who are in their 30s - 40s and this is their first year driving. They take the same risks, only they cannot handle the car and they also feel like they are in the right.

Example, We're at a stop light, guy in left turn lane to the left of me. I'm going straight. Left turn light and straight light turn green. The guy in the left turn lane goes straight, does not attempt to overtake me in speed, instead, forces me to hit him or slow down. Down the road, the guy says sorry, I didn't know I was in a left turn lane and I needed to go straight. No amount of logically explanation about how it is illegal will prevent him from doing it in the future. It will take an accident for him to stop these habits.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
that's it? dude, come to nj and drive on the turnpike or route 80. you'll go back home and kiss your fellow commuters
As I said, this is just from one trip to work and pretty much a lax day. Typically I see a lot worse. I'm going to compile the worst drivers I record and make one video out of it. This was just kind of a test for the camera.

Come to Orlando where everyone is on vacation or from another country and doesn't even know where they want to go , much less, how to get there.
Dude, no one knows where they're going in Boston either haha. Throw in some ice, snow, and roads that look like a B-52 just flew over, and you've got issues.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
15 Participants
pic18
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing