Pontiac G8 Forum banner

VMR V701 on Liquid Red G8

8K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  1 GR8 G8 
#1 ·
Finally installed the summer/road-race package!

HUGE Thank you to Andy(RealSquash) for all his help on fitment size and getting the correct pieces together.
  • Wheel Specs: 19” x 9.5” / +45 Offset
  • Wheel Color: Gunmetal
  • Tire Specs: Yokohama Advan AD08 275/35/19
  • Items Needed:
    • 5mm spacers (2) to clear Front Brembo Brakes (for GXP’s & big brake upgrades)
    • Hub-Centric Rings (4)
    • Lugs
VMR Contact Information:
Matt S.
Matt@Velocitymotoring.com
(714) 442-7916

First Impressions / Unboxing
Being a Packaging Engineer, VMR packages their wheels very well. It is clear that protection is a priority. The wheels arrive wrapped in stretch film, with foam protection between the face of the wheel and corrugated face protection on both sides of the wheel. There is banding to hold this protection together. The wheels are then placed into another corrugated box and shipped two wheels per box for added protection. Cleary, these wheels aren’t getting damaged unless dropped off a building.

I then moved into unboxing the wheels. VMR mounted and balanced the tires via road force, they also installed the TPMS sensors. The entire package arrived ready to be mounted to the vehcile. Below are a few pictures of the unboxing…

Mounting to the G8
Important to have the hub rings, wheel spacers, lug nuts, and wheels together and ready to go. For the fronts, put the spacer flush with the brake rotor and the hub ring over the spacer.

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks great!

#5 ·
They look awesome. Nice choice.

#7 ·
looks damn good. Great choice.

#15 ·
Perfect... Wow

Thanks for making me hate my wheels

#16 ·
Finally installed the summer/road-race package!

HUGE Thank you to Andy(RealSquash) for all his help on fitment size and getting the correct pieces together.
  • Wheel Specs: 19” x 9.5” / +45 Offset
  • Wheel Color: Gunmetal
  • Tire Specs: Yokohama Advan AD08 275/35/19
  • Items Needed:
    • 5mm spacers (2) to clear Front Brembo Brakes (for GXP’s & big brake upgrades)
    • Hub-Centric Rings (4)
    • Lugs
VMR Contact Information:
Matt S.
Matt@Velocitymotoring.com
(714) 442-7916

First Impressions / Unboxing
Being a Packaging Engineer, VMR packages their wheels very well. It is clear that protection is a priority. The wheels arrive wrapped in stretch film, with foam protection between the face of the wheel and corrugated face protection on both sides of the wheel. There is banding to hold this protection together. The wheels are then placed into another corrugated box and shipped two wheels per box for added protection. Cleary, these wheels aren’t getting damaged unless dropped off a building.

I then moved into unboxing the wheels. VMR mounted and balanced the tires via road force, they also installed the TPMS sensors. The entire package arrived ready to be mounted to the vehcile. Below are a few pictures of the unboxing…

Mounting to the G8
Important to have the hub rings, wheel spacers, lug nuts, and wheels together and ready to go. For the fronts, put the spacer flush with the brake rotor and the hub ring over the spacer.
A few questions. Did you order directly from VMR? Did you send them the TMPS to install or do they carry them? How about the tires, hub rings & lugs....where did you get them?

#18 ·
I'm more interested in the rears rubbing with the 45mm offset, the fronts should be good.

Love the set-up and it's on top of my list, just not sure about 45mm in the rear. These VMR's are available in 50mm offset, correct? Why did you go for the 45mm??

#19 ·
Looks good bro. Nice choice!

#24 ·
That looks awesome! I want tk do this exact setup in matte black. Nice choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.