Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have stock suspension. I was wondering if 19x9.5 45 would fit up front with no rubbing since I've been having some conflicting info. I really want to run squared but want bigger than 8.5 with no rub.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I thought 19x9.5 +45 could be ran square with a 275/35/19 tire? It seems it's 50/50 if you need a small spacer up front to clear the strut with the tire (3mm-5mm). Also depends on tire brand and width.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
I've got a +45 with 8.5" wheels, and 245's on the front, and my finger can't fit between the rubber and strut drivers side, passenger has a tad bit more clearance Clarence.

I'd think a +40 on a 8.5" wheel with 275's would be cutting it close.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
^Haven't you tried every offset known to man? I know you've tried every wheel :)
LOL, nice.

I put a 18x9.5 +45 V710 with 275/40/18 Conti DWS on the car for a few seconds to check fitment. It did indeed rub the front strut, but I think a spacer would cure that. I didn't have one on me though. :).

I can say, I run 18x9 +42 up front now. 275/40/18 was about 3mm from rubbing, which I didn't like, so I change to a 265/40/18 and now have a little more space.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help! Looks like ill through the 9.5 square idea out the window. Now its down to talking myself into staggered or just get 8.5's squared.

·
MSM GXP
148 Posts
I run the +45 9.5 squared no problems. I put a 5mm spacer on the fronts. I am lowered on H&R springs too.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I know that with the Michelin Pilot SS the rear tire warranty is cut in half if you are running staggered sizes. Not sure if this is true with all brands, but it's something else to think about.

* Mileage Warranty Exceptions

Split fitments - If your vehicle has tires of different sizes on the front versus the rear axles, your tires cannot be rotated as recommended. Therefore, the mileage warranty on each rear tire will cover half the number of miles as the standard mileage warranty for that particular tire line.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is there anything different between the the GXP and GT that would make them fit on yours?
G8a550 have you tried putting your 9.5's up front to see if they fit?

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have done it before with some customers and its very much doable. It does depend on the suspension system and tires, but a 3-5mm spacer will fix most clearance issues. Here are a few pics of the Avant Garde M310 in 19x9.5 et.43 all around on 275s.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.