Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
As a matter of fact my car does sit on the street. I prefaced it with the thought that I might be paranoid! It doesn't take a genius to figure out that I don't have to put my car on if I don't want to. I am careful about where I park my car to help keep down the likelihood of theft/vandalism, and I realize that it is possible wherever I go.
The exact address isn't there, but the map narrows it down to one block, the exact address may as well be there. Let me just say that I wasn't always a Christian, and in my younger years it would have been wonderful to scope out a forum like this for nice rims, tires, stereos, etc, and then had a map of where the person lives! Nuf said!
Ahhh, I see now! Its your less than stellar background that has you wondering if this is a good idea!?! With all the dough you've spent on your G8, er Commodore, I would think you would at least garage it!!! If not have a security service patrolling your neighborhood on the lookout for bad guys/gals!:wink2::pir_flag:

·
What Would Jesus Drive?
1,563 Posts
Ahhh, I see now! Its your less than stellar background that has you wondering if this is a good idea!?! With all the dough you've spent on your G8, er Commodore, I would think you would at least garage it!!! If not have a security service patrolling your neighborhood on the lookout for bad guys/gals!:wink2::pir_flag:
I'd garage it if I had a garage. Thanks to the economy, moving to a house with a garage will need to wait. Security? Will think about that.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I'd garage it if I had a garage. Thanks to the economy, moving to a house with a garage will need to wait. Security? Will think about that.
Sounds like you need to invest some of those big $$ you're making on protecting the G8/Commodore investment, verses putting it into more mods! Not lecturing, just suggesting! Might not be as much fun, but a lot more satisfying to look at your car when its five years old and still looks new!:wink2::pir_flag:

·
Drives with wolves
893 Posts
I think ID and MT owners are feeling left out now that every other area has "Owners groups". Somene needs to adopt us :drink:

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I think ID and MT owners are feeling left out now that every other area has "Owners groups". Somene needs to adopt us :drink:
Consider yourselves adopted! As long as you don't mind the Pacific NorthWest part of the name! Of course, to consummate your membership, you have to show up at one of our get togethers! Might put a dent in one of your weekends!:wink2::pir_flag:

·
What Would Jesus Drive?
1,563 Posts
Sounds like you need to invest some of those big $$ you're making on protecting the G8/Commodore investment, verses putting it into more mods! Not lecturing, just suggesting! Might not be as much fun, but a lot more satisfying to look at your car when its five years old and still looks new!:wink2::pir_flag:
If I could, I would! Zoning doesn't allow for a garage at my current house. The house is to close to the street and driveway is too close to edge of lot. The big investment would be a HUGE investment.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
If I could, I would! Zoning doesn't allow for a garage at my current house. The house is to close to the street and driveway is too close to edge of lot. The big investment would be a HUGE investment.
Can't stick it in your backyard? I mean come on Tony, priorities! Backyard or G8, backyard or G8! I know which would win that contest at my house!:wink2::pir_flag:

·
PNWG8 Member
450 Posts
tony time to think about moving so you can get that garage.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Name: Ken Screen Name: TOU Email: PM

From near the Washington/Oregon border. (WA side) just outside Portland.

After a few months looking for just the right package, color and price...I finally flew out to South Dakota 3 weeks ago and drove home my new-to-me Liquid Red 2008 GT with ALL options including roof. Wahoo! Even with screwing around quite a bit on the 1335 mile trip back, I averaged 22.8 MPG and 74 MPH. I can live with that. :wink2:

Only mods are Mobile-1 Oil cap ;) and a spare tire kits & GXP rear diffuser on order. Almost bought a 02 C5 but went conservative and am glad I did! LOVING this car above all others I have ever owned. (+75 cars in past 21 years.)

·
Registered
49 Posts
WELCOME KEN
My name is Rod. I am the guy that had the wimp G8 at our last get together. I have a 2008 GT with Magnaflow cat back. My Volant cold air wont be delivered till monday. If you want to meet a great bunch of great guys that love G*'s and want to learn what makes a great G8 over stock, make the trip to Isiqua sunday for our last get together for 09. I live in Aloha Oregon which is west Beaverton. I work in NE Portland and if you need upgrades to your G8 I can probably help, I work in a automotive shop. Note here: Hey Ken make the trip sunday and we might just remove that Junior member thing. I just noticed that it is gone from mine.
here is video of our last get together
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z1qH-eY62E

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Name: Ian Screen Name: IanKen Email: [email protected]
WELCOME Ian! Brandon will be adding you to the official registry soon! You didn't say where you live, but if its near enough, we are having our last Get Together of the season at XXX Drive-in in Issaquah this Sunday, Nov. 8th from 1 to 4 pm. Be great to see you there!

After a few months looking for just the right package, color and price...I finally flew out to South Dakota 3 weeks ago and drove home my new-to-me Liquid Red 2008 GT with ALL options including roof. Wahoo! Even with screwing around quite a bit on the 1335 mile trip back, I averaged 22.8 MPG and 74 MPH. I can live with that. :wink2:

Only mods are Mobile-1 Oil cap and a spare tire kits & GXP rear diffuser on order. Almost bought a 02 C5 but went conservative and am glad I did! LOVING this car above all others I have ever owned. (+75 cars in 21 years.)

WELCOME Ken! Rod said about all in his welcome! Brandon will get you added to the registry soon! If you could hook up with Rod you could caravan up on Sunday! Hope to see you at XXX!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ken,
Where are you in washington? I have already planned my route but can modify to hook up with you. Game plan is to take hwy 30 cross river at longview and then go north. saves me about 30 miles.

·
Registered
175 Posts

Only mods are Mobile-1 Oil cap and a spare tire kits & GXP rear diffuser on order. Almost bought a 02 C5 but went conservative and am glad I did! LOVING this car above all others I have ever owned. (+75 cars in 21 years.)
Welcome Ken to the G8 Gt club.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thx all for the welcome...as much as I would really like to, sadly I can't make this Sunday as I have other previous plans. Dang! However maybe at your next one in the spring.

There is another G8-GT in my neighborhood (about 5 blocks away) that belongs to the father of one of the kids on my sons soccer team. Amazing he is so close, considering I've only seen one other G8 driving besides his in the past three months.

Rod...maybe another time locally here though. I actually really live in Ridgefield, WA just outside Vancouver, so not too far.

·
No Member
231 Posts
I met a new stryker blue GT owner that lives in Lynnwood the other night. He bought my 18's and I think he mentioned something about the forums so he may already be a member. Even though it was dark out when he came over, that blue still looked amazing!! I want more G8's. One in every color so I can coordinate with shoes and purses. :p

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
PNWG8.com

End of the year quickly approaches and we are up to 40 registered members from the PNW here on the G8Board. With that in mind, a few of us have made the effort to create our own web site for the PNW G8 Owners Club. The address is listed in the post title above. If you are a registered member here at the G8Board, and are interested talking with your fellow PNW G8 Owners in a more intimate forum, come over and check us out!:wink2::pir_flag:

·
Registered
175 Posts
41 - 60 of 118 Posts