Pontiac G8 Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't know if this is still active. But IM new around here. I own a 09 G8 gxp. And love it. I live in spanaway near tacoma. Any other g8 owners ever do meet ups or events? I'd love to hit some events together

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't know if this is still active. But IM new around here. I own a 09 G8 gxp. And love it. I live in spanaway near tacoma. Any other g8 owners ever do meet ups or events? I'd love to hit some events together
I also own a GXP. I haven't heard of any Seattle area G8 meetups, but let me know if you hear of any.

My summer project is to upgrade my rear brakes to 2015 Chevy SS rotors and Gen1 CTS-V Brembo calipers, not sure if that's something you're also planning and want to share tips.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Owner of an 09 GT and living in WA again, Renton Area. Was living in LA for a few years and would go to a pretty sweet weekend show called Super Car Sunday in Woodland Hills. Since I've been back in WA I hear there is a cool show on Saturday's at Redmond Town Center called Exotics at RTC but haven't gone yet. Would be cool to get a G8 meetup going.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Owner of an 09 GT and living in WA again, Renton Area. Was living in LA for a few years and would go to a pretty sweet weekend show called Super Car Sunday in Woodland Hills. Since I've been back in WA I hear there is a cool show on Saturday's at Redmond Town Center called Exotics at RTC but haven't gone yet. Would be cool to get a G8 meetup going.
I haven't been to Exotics at RTC, but from the photos I've seen, it's mainly Ferrari's Porsche's and Lamborghini's. The G8 isn't "exotic" enough to fit in that crowd, although it's a definitely an interesting car meet to attend.

·
Registered
526 Posts
To give some background - there use to be a VERY active group of G8 owners here in the PNW. One of the largest meets of local owners happened in 2009 - 34 people - 16 cars. It was awesome.

Then, unfortunately egos got in the way, some people got butt hurt, there were a couple of real buttheads and tools, and it all basically exploded at a car show in Bothell in 2010 (I believe 2010) and that was kind of the end.

The groups splintered, there was an attempt at a new local site off the national boards that was put together from some good people, who set up a few events, but there was still this simmering - I don't know - stupidity I'll call it.

So around 2011 or 2012, it was about the end for any kind of organized local meet. Additionally a number of people, including a couple of the problem children that caused a lot of the problems in the first place, sold their G8s, or moved away, or both.

There are now second and third generation owners, and there has been a demographic switch from the original buyers. I for one would be happy if a local group got active again - sans the drama.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi gang,

Recent transplant, had my G8 for 6+ years now, from 30k to 108k miles...

Currently wondering if anyone knows of any well educated and honest/trustworthy shops around Gresham or Portland? My experiences with a couple local tire shops has already left me concerned. I really miss my old shop! They weren't more than tire guys, but they were straightforward and always did what I wanted, not what made them the most money. Just looking for the same up here!

Thanks!

Jason Pollard / chevron / DM

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wongs in Vancouver is too notch. No personal experience but I plan to let him tune my car when I finish my cam install. I'm from north Portland. Live in Vancouver now. Welcome!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cool! I'll make note, thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Name: Cody Swanson Name: codyswanson4 Email: [email protected]

Hey guys! There doesn't seem to be very much activity here, but I'm a new owner of a 2009 G8 GT and also pretty new to the SW Portland area, so if anybody wants to meet up, I'm probably around!

101 - 117 of 117 Posts