Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
CCG8 / FLG8
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few photos of my G8 posing as a 2010 Walkinshaw HSV Clubsport GXP. Hope you like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
896 Posts
Great looking ride. I really like that spoiler. Nice work.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Love it, great work! Where did you find the spoiler, don't think I have ever seen one exactly like that before.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
CCG8 / FLG8
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The spoiler is a genuine HSV wing used on the E3 series of Clubsport.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Any chance you could post a pic of an E2 and E3 front end side by side? Or a pic of each clearly identified? When I search my results confuse me as to which is really which.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Sweet ride!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Beauty.
Couple of guys up here have done the Clubsport conversion to a degree.
I'm certainly no expert but doesn't the Clubsport have louvers in the hood instead of scoops or are there different hoods options available?
Drive safe.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
looks good !

do you have the HSV trunk lid as well ? ive got both trunk and wing for sale , but local only , to hard to ship

·
CCG8 / FLG8
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To the best of my knowledge, the E2 and E3 front bumpers are the same. Also, both use the same hood as the G8. My G8 mimics a 2010 HSV Clubsport GXP. It was only made in 2010. It is the ONLY VE-based Clubsport that used the same rear bumper, tail lights, trunk lid and trunk lip spoiler as the G8. They used the G8 GXP rear diffuser and brake package. The wheels, while an HSV wheel, were not staggered and the same size as the US G8GT and G8 GXP. In Australia, owners modified them with R8 or GTS wings, bigger brakes, wheels, etc. by doing it themselves or using companies like Walkinshaw Performance. Additionally, Walkinshaw Performance sold "enhancements" like supercharges and various interior, exterior, suspension and motor pieces and kits. Walkinshaw Performance enhanced Clubsports often sported WP trunk badges, WP headrests, WP door sill plates and hood and trunk "Supercharged" badges as shown on mine.

These are photos of an actual 2010 E2 HSV Clubsport GXP.

Attachments

·
CCG8 / FLG8
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Beauty.
Couple of guys up here have done the Clubsport conversion to a degree.
I'm certainly no expert but doesn't the Clubsport have louvers in the hood instead of scoops or are there different hoods options available?
Drive safe.
HSV offered a couple of Special edition E2/E3 Clubsports, the Black Edition and the Anniversary Edition, that used the same hoods as other E2/E3 Clubsports and as the G8 but they used louver inserts at the hood scoops and on the HSV fenders. While the fender louvers will only fit the HSV fender, the hood louvers can be reto-fitted to the G8 hood.

Here are photos of the Special Edition louvers (red composite photo) and 25th Anniversary black wheels and fender louvers (yellow 25th Anniversary Edition photo) to compare to a "standard" E2/E3 Clubsport (red car/silver wheels).

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
So sad the GM is killing Holden the way they are. So much more design, and I still believe if the SS had this styling, more would have sold.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts