Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a good driveshaft. Willing to replace the center bearing support but remainder of components need to be in good working order. My splines are worn and I'm getting large clunking sounds when taking foot off gas and then reapplying even though my center bearing support is still intact.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Have you taken it apart to confirm the wear?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Splines typically have like 20 tight fitting teeth (similar to gears) so they would have to be almost gone for them to do any clunking. Your splines may be worn but I would check elsewhere for the clunking.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here is a link to another one that is in even better condition than the previous link I gave ya and it’s a bit cheaper. I bought mine from this same seller.

·
Premium Member
6,433 Posts
In the past, have conducted a few transactions with Olmsted and to date zero unresolved issues.

Reactions: rockinlespaul

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wondering why the two Chevy SS auto driveshafts had 2 different part numbers. Is there a difference?

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wondering why the two Chevy SS auto driveshafts had 2 different part numbers. Is there a difference?
Next Generation Built Performance inspected the car and told me it was the driveshaft splines.

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G8 aka Karma
311 Posts
Another good word for Olmsted. Got my 3.27 lsd from them. It came out of a 2015 Chevy SS as well. Good luck to you.

·
Premium Member
6,433 Posts
Per an online catalog and for what it's worth, the 92458249 fits a 2014 Chevrolet SS. The 92275953 fits the 2104-2017 Chevrolet SS and don't know where the difference lies.

·
Registered
196 Posts
92275953 replaces 92458249.

ss-driveshaft.png

1 - 12 of 12 Posts