Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a red '08 G8 GT with stock 18" wheels and want to go to 19" wheels so I can maintain some ride comfort. Also already bought Eibach springs and Koni adjustable shocks and plan to leave it near stock height.
I am looking at doing 19x8.5 on front with 35 offset and 19x9.5 on rear with 40 offset. These seem to be the most popular AVAILABLE sizes I can find for the wheels that I found that I like. Will these wheels work and what tire sizes should I run to ensure I don't have any speedo, tranny, or ABS issues? Looking at Continental DWS06 tires.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Need to make a decision quickly.

Nick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
I have a red '08 G8 GT with stock 18" wheels and want to go to 19" wheels so I can maintain some ride comfort. Also already bought Eibach springs and Koni adjustable shocks and plan to leave it near stock height.
I am looking at doing 19x8.5 on front with 35 offset and 19x9.5 on rear with 40 offset. These seem to be the most popular AVAILABLE sizes I can find for the wheels that I found that I like. Will these wheels work and what tire sizes should I run to ensure I don't have any speedo, tranny, or ABS issues? Looking at Continental DWS06 tires.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Need to make a decision quickly.

Nick
The rear will drop with the Koni shocks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand it will drop a little so I plan to put on a pair of the adjustable sleeve kits, that way I can dial in the height to what I want. Plus it doesn't affect the ride quality. Thanks.

Nick

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I have staggered wheels in those sizes. I am running 255/40-19 in the front and 275/35-19 in the back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are they the same offsets as what I am looking at? Did you do any suspension mods or are you stock? Thanks.
Nick

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I have those continental tires and they are pretty decent. Quiet, sufficiently grippy for normal, sometimes heavy footed driving, and don't go squirrely when it gets cold.

I really like those wheels!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will these fit? 19x8.5 +33 19x9.5 +53

This is what I want to go with. From my research, they should fit. Anyone want to chime in and confirm that I will have no problem with rubbing or bottoming out? Going to install Eibach springs and Koni adjustable shocks front and rear. These wheels look awesome on all the vehicles I have seen them on on the Fitment Industries website. They have a ton of wheels and pictures. Looking to go 245/45 front and 275/40 rear with Continental DWS06 tires. These sizes keep tire diameters almost exactly the same so I shouldn't have any ABS or speedo issues.

Someone please chime in and help verify this please.
Nick

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts