Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a red '08 G8 GT with stock 18" wheels and want to go to 19" wheels so I can maintain some ride comfort. Also already bought Eibach springs and Koni adjustable shocks and plan to leave it near stock height.
I am looking at doing 19x8.5 on front with 35 offset and 19x9.5 on rear with 40 offset. These seem to be the most popular AVAILABLE sizes I can find for the wheels that I found that I like. Will these wheels work and what tire sizes should I run to ensure I don't have any speedo, tranny, or ABS issues? Looking at Continental DWS06 tires.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Need to make a decision quickly.

Nick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
I have a red '08 G8 GT with stock 18" wheels and want to go to 19" wheels so I can maintain some ride comfort. Also already bought Eibach springs and Koni adjustable shocks and plan to leave it near stock height.
I am looking at doing 19x8.5 on front with 35 offset and 19x9.5 on rear with 40 offset. These seem to be the most popular AVAILABLE sizes I can find for the wheels that I found that I like. Will these wheels work and what tire sizes should I run to ensure I don't have any speedo, tranny, or ABS issues? Looking at Continental DWS06 tires.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Need to make a decision quickly.

Nick
The rear will drop with the Koni shocks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand it will drop a little so I plan to put on a pair of the adjustable sleeve kits, that way I can dial in the height to what I want. Plus it doesn't affect the ride quality. Thanks.

Nick

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I have staggered wheels in those sizes. I am running 255/40-19 in the front and 275/35-19 in the back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are they the same offsets as what I am looking at? Did you do any suspension mods or are you stock? Thanks.
Nick

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I have those continental tires and they are pretty decent. Quiet, sufficiently grippy for normal, sometimes heavy footed driving, and don't go squirrely when it gets cold.

I really like those wheels!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will these fit? 19x8.5 +33 19x9.5 +53

This is what I want to go with. From my research, they should fit. Anyone want to chime in and confirm that I will have no problem with rubbing or bottoming out? Going to install Eibach springs and Koni adjustable shocks front and rear. These wheels look awesome on all the vehicles I have seen them on on the Fitment Industries website. They have a ton of wheels and pictures. Looking to go 245/45 front and 275/40 rear with Continental DWS06 tires. These sizes keep tire diameters almost exactly the same so I shouldn't have any ABS or speedo issues.

Someone please chime in and help verify this please.
Nick

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Amedrano
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing