Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a rear deck lid off a V6 car without the rear spoiler. My GXP spoiler was ripped off in the car wash and I want to upgrade to one of the elevated Holden like spoilers and don't want to have to fill the holes in my deck lid if possible. If some one has one in Sport Red Metallic (maroon not fire truck red), paint code 26U/WA352N, that would be great.

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
Red hot was the name you were looking for!
The trunk lid is the same for all the G8s. Don't limit your search.
Good luck!

·
Capital City G8
1,555 Posts
If I remember right, all 3 models use the same deck lid and spoiler. The only difference is that the V6 doesn't have the carpet liner on the inside of the lid.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I've been talking to the seller of this spoiler, but we'd have to order several to manage shipping costs, uses factory mounting points.

Extremely interested.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like there a two holes to fill. Is the only difference that it is a bit taller and those two holes not used in the deck lid?

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
DUDE, for 1,000,000 reasons, DO NOT, go through a mechanical car wash with any G8 let alone a GXP, damn...

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
There wouldnt be holes to fill on the G8, thats a picture of an AUS market car.

it looks like it should use the same mounting points as our cars
I think he is looking to buy an ssv/ sv6 spoiler or something similar. (OP)

which in that case, you would have to fill the holes and drill new ones for the alternative raised spoiler.

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
Not my bidness...

staying out of it. not trying to upset anyone...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DUDE, for 1,000,000 reasons, DO NOT, go through a mechanical car wash with any G8 let alone a GXP, damn...
Don't judge me. I love the car and bought it to drive. 82k miles on it now. With my schedule, there just is no time for a nice hand was.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Andrew, so what's the story on that taller factory style spoiler? Are they available? How much, how long, who makes them? I'm interested. Really not wanting to replace the factory spoiler and just have it break again 2 or 3 years down the road. I'll either do a SV6 or this high lip one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts