Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
If it has a TSB I think it should still be covered under this. Check with the GM customer service rep on here, they should be able tell you.

From the outer most of a uncharted galaxy! !

·
Grrr888t times...
306 Posts
I doubt that will be covered under warranty since it's not a powert train related issue. You would need to have purchased an extended warranty.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I doubt that will be covered under warranty since it's not a powert train related issue. You would need to have purchased an extended warranty.
I contacted a rep through GM's online chat feature, apparently it is covered by the powertrain warranty.

Me: If this vehicle was brought into a dealership, underwent a diagnosis, and determined that the front lower control and caster arms need to be replaced - are they covered by the powertrain warranty?

Me: I would of course bring it into a GM dealership.

Crystal H: If they have failed due to being defective then yes.

Crystal H: A complete diagnosis needs to be done by the dealership first.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
If it has a TSB I think it should still be covered under this. Check with the GM customer service rep on here, they should be able tell you.

A TSB is only there to help techs diagnose a problem. It is by no means the same as a recall, and it only "free" if you are under warranty.

It doesn't matter what your miles are, if you are out on time. And no, thats not a powertrain item.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Guess I've lucked out , all of mine have been covered. But both were certified.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Arms will be 3/36. You are past. Simple as that. 6/60 does not include suspension, covers powetrain only (engine/transmission/diff) TSB are not a warranty item, as stated they are a guide for diagnosis / repair only.

That all typed, your dealer can petition GM to cover the repair (full or partial) as a exception.

Been there, done that on my other GM's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts