Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I spend the $2,000 on a bumper to bumper warranty on my 2009 G8 GT with 111,000 miles? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
343 Posts
If you intend to keep it for another three years then ,yes defently. My red GXP started to act up around 100,000 ,leaky power steering , bad motor mounts etc .I had one and it paid for its self in the first year and a half.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Here was the first time my after market warranty helped me .My red GXP developed a power stearing leak in the lower drivers side of its cooler. Turned out that the cooler its self had cracked at the hose intake from wear .that replacement alone came in at 1200$. So it almost paid for its self right then . Your milage may vary of course.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
at that mileage and for how quirky expensive these cars can be I don't think that 2k is a bad idea. would need to be sure there aren't deductibles and what not, however a possible lifter issue, pulley issues, control arms ect can be costly and if anything this is peace of mind.

be sure to read fine print if you intend to mod so much as even an intake.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The PO of the GT I just bought gave me $5K (Canadian) in receipts for lifter failure repairs (with some 'while we're in there' stuff tacked on). It would have been well worth it in a case like that.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Read the fine print. What warranty company?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I get what your all saying, on the other side of the coin my son brought a 3 year/$3500 warranty for his Sierra a few years back, never had a problem in the 3 years of the warranty, still hasn't.
With cars it luck of the dice, so how lucky you feel....

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
you have to check out the Warranty Co, read it's Fine Print and see if you can find any Feedback from existing customers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Things to consider when buying warranty. If you plan on modifying. Mileage of vehicle. Coverage of warranty. And what I found most important is availability of a good dealership with knowledgeable and skilled mechanics and service managers. Cause most in my area Iowa/Illinois border have done more damage to my vehicle the two times it's been in than I have in my 3 years ownership. So the $2000 I spent was a bust. But I only have 35,000 miles also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts