Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished clay-barring the G8. Naturally, I used plenty of detailing spray during the process and wiped the excess down and buffed the surface afterward. I'm planning to wax the car next but was wondering if I need to wash it first. It is super clean looking presently but is there claybar/detail spray residue lurking that would call for a wash prior to waxing???

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
Any harmful contaminants should be in the clay bar now, you should be good to applythe wax now. At least that's what I have always done. What do the directions on the clay bar box say? -if you still have it

·
Registered
579 Posts
FWIW you don't even need to remove the leftover detail spray... clay the entire thing and follow with your wax.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Like everyone is saying, you can safely wax after claybar. It's my preferred method.

Clean all the remaining dirt and contaminants off the car with the clay bar and detail spray (assuming you have already washed the car first), then wax to seal in and protect the paint. And like TexasXD1 says
FWIW you don't even need to remove the leftover detail spray... clay the entire thing and follow with your wax.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts