Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Aussie Hooligan
181 Posts
Drool, one of the best looking G8's I've seen so far!

Really tidy!!

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
Awesome pics! What type of camera and lens do you use? Post processing? Love those pics.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Your car looks nice! And cool pictures also.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Lookin' good, Jackalope. I like the LED conversion on the tails, and I really like how you semi-color-matched the g8-gt on the rear decklid. Looks familiar :) , although I never claimed to have done it first myself. :wink2: ... but getting rid of the rear badge chrome and swapping sides of the G8 and GT badges (imho) looks really great!

yours:
Mine:

Lookin great though, you sure have a unique ride. The lack of chrome really sets off the dark color of your car for the better!

With your front license plate (or "tag" as they say in the South) does LEO bother you that the entire thing is not visible? Given the few situations you found yourself in with previous tail light accusations, one would think that that front plate would surely be begging for their unwanted attention in pulling you over. :confused::dunno:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Lookin' good... :driving:

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys!

The camera is just a Kodak digital camera, nothing special and I don't know how to do any kind of processing. But thank you. :D

With a daughter starting college in the fall the "little things" are all I can aford. :(

Thanks Doug. What can I say, great minds think alike! The emblems are actualy done in gunmetal to match the wheels, I tried to do them in flat black but they disapeard on the car all together. At least now you can see them on there. ;) As to the front tag so far so good and noones bothered me about it being there. (Tho I'm sure its only a matter of time :()

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hey, just curious on 2 things. First, what LSP (last step product) did you use and, second, what did you do to your factory wheels? Really like that look on the factory wheels.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey, just curious on 2 things. First, what LSP (last step product) did you use and, second, what did you do to your factory wheels? Really like that look on the factory wheels.

LSP? I'm not sure what you mean.

The wheels I painted with Duplicolor GM gunmetal spray paint and then cleared over top. The pin strip is 1/8 inch thick pin striping that you'd put on the body of the car.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Sorry about that, what wax / sealant did you use. I'm actually in the process of polishing mine out and looling to apply some Menzerna PowerLock on it. That's an extremely good looking shine on yours. Nothing like a clean and shiny black car!!!

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I use a spray wax by Lucas that is sold at Advance auto and Pep Boys and it makes the car look and feel like glass.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts