Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hennessey Performance has created the world’s fastest Gen6 Chevrolet Camaro.

Called 'The Exorcist,' the modified 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 features 1,000 horsepower and 966 pound-feet of torque, more than enough to take on the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon. And to prove just how impressive those performance figures are, Hennessey teamed up with Continental Tires and driver Brian Smith from the Ford Performance School to set a new top speed record for the Camaro at 217 mph.
Read more about Watch a Chevrolet Camaro Go 217 MPH at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Why Not? Lambos, bugatti, and many other exotics do it with factory seatbelts and no rollbars.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Its about time GM gets off there ass and really show what an LS can do. Hell Yeah 217 MPH. I've removed my speed limiter off my G8, Let's see what trouble we can get into. Safety first! Of Course. Not Yet sold on the direct injection? The latest Version has port injection for when the direct injection maxes out? Why even put direct injection on it to begin with. Port injection gets the job done by it self. I understand the benefits but realy why install it in a performance application? Just to say you did it? I thought this was the future, perfect control of the fuel air ratio, up until I here we were installing port injection right along with direct injection because it can't move enough fuel for over 650 HP? Go GM, Miss you Holden.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Its about time GM gets off there ass and really show what an LS can do. Hell Yeah 217 MPH. I've removed my speed limiter off my G8, Let's see what trouble we can get into. Safety first! Of Course. Not Yet sold on the direct injection? The latest Version has port injection for when the direct injection maxes out? Why even put direct injection on it to begin with. Port injection gets the job done by it self. I understand the benefits but realy why install it in a performance application? Just to say you did it? I thought this was the future, perfect control of the fuel air ratio, up until I here we were installing port injection right along with direct injection because it can't move enough fuel for over 650 HP? Go GM, Miss you Holden.
The move to direct injection is because in the not too distant future I see the OEM's building gasoline engines to function much like a diesel does and fire based on compression. I have read about some experimental engines by OEM's that have developed high compression gas engines that work just like a diesel does without spark plugs and ignition is based on compression. The result is a very fuel efficient engine with a cheaper fuel to use.

Yes, DI limits horsepower but the OEM's will figure that out as well but it takes money and time to figure this stuff out. I would much rather them develop this type of technology than what they did in the early 1970's where they cut compression, threw on catalytic convertors and air pumps and generally wrote off performance. It took until the LS engine to really overcome emission issues and really develop performance.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I can appreciate that information. Cool stuff. I never thought gas, hi compression and no spark plug was even an idea? I hate what they did in the 70's. I always found myself in an emissions mandatory area. You seam real knowledgeable, What does LS stand for? I am currently exploring my wifes 07 Impala SS 5.3L Excessive tapping, Miss fire cylinder 4. Her engine and my 6.0L both have tapped in the winter. My 6.0 even has piston slap like it has forged pistons. I have had the new lifters installed on mine but it still tapped. I have the 5.3L torn down to the cylinder heads, There next and so far all normal wear. My plan is to replace the Lifters, thinking they are damaged. I am not sure but I guess I will find out? What is all the solenoids and electrical I found on the valley cover? I know it is the cylinder deactivation system But how in gods name does it work and why is it in the crank case? Hey if you don't know it's cool just questions yet to be answered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts