Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Passenger doors front and back were full of water ripped rubber off the bottom a bit, and water poured out like a tap. So that's the problem any easy fix? can I caulk the rubber? lol everything seemed in fair condition before.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I see outboard of those door seals (pressed in across the bottom of the doors), have what feels like 3 evenly spaced weep holes. That would seem to be the way the doors *should* dump any accumulated water that gets in them (however it got in there). Maybe those weep holes are plugged up, and water (that finds a way to get in there) starts pooling up. If the water were to rise to the level of the moisture barrier wrap attached to the inside of the doors) and finds a week spot (in that attaching adhesive), it could then start leaking down (inboard of the door seal) and start attacking your carpets.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
I think there's a TSB out on the subject as well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see outboard of those door seals (pressed in across the bottom of the doors), have what feels like 3 evenly spaced weep holes. That would seem to be the way the doors *should* dump any accumulated water that gets in them (however it got in there). Maybe those weep holes are plugged up, and water (that finds a way to get in there) starts pooling up. If the water were to rise to the level of the moisture barrier wrap attached to the inside of the doors) and finds a week spot (in that attaching adhesive), it could then start leaking down (inboard of the door seal) and start attacking your carpets.

I checked this after you said and I found they were completely full of sawdust and mud(work at a lumber mill). So apparently everytime I washed my car the water ran down to the bottom with all the crud and got clogged up in the seals. All is good now though. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.