Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a water leak at my right rear door/carpet. I have searched and found the mirror issue and the black tar at the vapor barrier issue. On the other board there is a write up for PIC5823 but I cannot see the pics to see where to reseal the weather stripping.
Anyone have any pictures from said bulletin?

Thanks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can check the slots but the water is not building up inside the door. It is leaking down the door from the roof and getting into the interior. Which is why I was wondering if anyone had pictures of the plug that the 5823 or 8283 bulletin spoke about.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Does your car have an sunroof? If so it it likely that the drain lines for the sunroof are pinched or clogged causing the water to leak down into the car. The drain lines are located at the A and C pillars.

·
Lifetime Member
126 Posts
I know it’s like years later, but I have those pics to fix the door seal leak. TSB-PIC5283.

They’re attached...

You can email me directly at:
[email protected]

Best Regards,
Dave - gto3deuces

I have a water leak at my right rear door/carpet. I have searched and found the mirror issue and the black tar at the vapor barrier issue. On the other board there is a write up for PIC5823 but I cannot see the pics to see where to reseal the weather stripping.
Anyone have any pictures from said bulletin?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
I know it’s like years later, but I have those pics to fix the door seal leak. TSB-PIC5283.

They’re attached...

You can email me directly at:
[email protected]

Best Regards,
Dave - gto3deuces
Could you upload larger JPGs instead of these smalls GIFs?

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new here and I create YouTube videos as I find things out to help people so they don't have to go back to the dealer constantly for repairs especially on vehicles that are not worth putting thousands of dollars into sometimes

Recently we got a 2009 Pontiac G8 in it's the 3.6 liter and I found that doing the GM repairs did not fix my issues and I have a buddy at GM the gave me some pointers to kind of make the repairs a little better.

I made one video resealing the back doors in case anybody is interested in that

I made another video using a higher strength silicone around the Datum/Guide port for the passenger side door mirror so I didn't have to take off the entire door

Ultimately after doing these repairs and running the vehicle through the carwash and spraying it with the water hose I was still getting water on the floor

I pulled the door seals back on all four doors and I noticed that it's kind of a factory flaw, the door seals block the drain ports for the doors so with a small screwdriver I cleaned out as much debris as I could and then I used the blowgun to blow any excess back into the door hoping that a water rush will push out any little debris and it was successful the vehicle stopped getting water in the floor

https://youtu.be/vBgo9oD3HA8

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
Opy1986
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing