Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
How do you directly the last post in a thread?

·
Administrator
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
If you are already in the thread, click on jump to latest next to the title.

If you are in new or popular post, click on the time stamp.

- Cricket

·
Registered
39 Posts
How do you search in a particular forum? This has been an awful transition. I was on here daily with no issues, now I am having issues searching for the simplest of things. Can you revert back to the old site, that was not broken, didn't need to be updated and worked absolutely awesome? This was my go to for my G8, and now it's quickly turning into an avoidance. Please help with the search question!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
The new format IS NOT USER FRIENDLY,hard to search for specific items
Old site WAS MUCH BETTER

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
If you are already in the thread, click on jump to latest next to the title.
View attachment 178870
If you are in new or popular post, click on the time stamp.
View attachment 178871
- Cricket
Another example of my earlier complaints. This format isn't user friendly or intuitive. I've been using xenforo for a few weeks now between here and another forum, and I'm just now discovering that the time stamp is clickable to go to the latest post. There should be a column for latest post that says the user name and an actual date/time. Not just some text that says "9 days ago."

Imagine yourself a new user trying to navigate the site and find info related to what brought you here. Random things are clickable but don't tell you where it'll take you. Search is vague/broad. For some reason you have to click on what looks like a stock ticker arrow thing to find a link new/popular posts, instead of an easy to see link that says, you know, "NEW POSTS."

I've been using internet forums since internet forums began. And I still can't find things here.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The new format IS NOT USER FRIENDLY,hard to search for specific items
Old site WAS MUCH BETTER
This is pretty hard to believe that some important functions from before are gone, or just not easy to access. I understand moving with the times, but this is pretty backasswards. Definitely going to start using other forums a lot more.

·
Administrator
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
How do you search in a particular forum? This has been an awful transition. I was on here daily with no issues, now I am having issues searching for the simplest of things. Can you revert back to the old site, that was not broken, didn't need to be updated and worked absolutely awesome? This was my go to for my G8, and now it's quickly turning into an avoidance. Please help with the search question!!!
They are actively working on bringing back advanced search for us. I hope to have an update on this soon.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
I was getting better at understanding how the #2 version on this forum was displayed an used, except for the search function (never fiured out how to get that function to work). But at least it allowed me to default back to the #1 version if desired, an gain access to its search function. I guess this #3 format allows me to do everything as before (an maybe even more things). Hoping some members can explain the steps necessary to gain access to those few sent an recieved private messages I had kept. An how to actually access the search function with this current format. I have a hard enough time as it is, just trying to post thoughts an ways to trouble shoot circuits that hopefully make sense. I know that a lot of my statements are not structured correctly, but its the best I can do. At least it red lines most of my spelling errors (which are numerous) which allows me to correct same. All of this shows my lack of computer knowledge, which prevents me from being able to get to the functions that I think that I can help with. I'll keep checking this thread from time to time. Maybe some answers/solutions will be posted up so I can find an participate more. I hope this post makes sense.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was getting better at understanding how the #2 version on this forum was displayed an used, except for the search function (never fiured out how to get that function to work). But at least it allowed me to default back to the #1 version if desired, an gain access to its search function. I guess this #3 format allows me to do everything as before (an maybe even more things). Hoping some members can explain the steps necessary to gain access to those few sent an recieved private messages I had kept. An how to actually access the search function with this current format. I have a hard enough time as it is, just trying to post thoughts an ways to trouble shoot circuits that hopefully make sense. I know that a lot of my statements are not structured correctly, but its the best I can do. At least it red lines most of my spelling errors (which are numerous) which allows me to correct same. All of this shows my lack of computer knowledge, which prevents me from being able to get to the functions that I think that I can help with. I'll keep checking this thread from time to time. Maybe some answers/solutions will be posted up so I can find an participate more. I hope this post makes sense.
How did you get it to revert back to previous version? I need this!!!

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
It was an option available with the #2 (just lost) version, that allowed you to default back to version #! display. I think this current version is what they will make you live with. I have not found a way or believe that they will ever choose to give you the option of the previous display. That makes me so sad. I preferred the display an functions available from it. An with my limited computer knowledge, it looks like I'm going to have a ruff time participating with this updated format.

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Things I'd like to see:
Who posted last in a thread and when.
An intuitive indicator that I've posted in a thread when looking at the forum/new posts lists.

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
I know they say this format is better/faster etc. But I sure liked the display // layout // user functions // slower response (if it actually was) etc. I used to be able to see who was active on the forum (at the bottom of the forum page) as long as I was also active. Now (unless I'm wrong here), it gives me the feeling that I may be all alone on here if I post anything (at the wrorng time of day). Is there something I'm supposed to touch, that would display which members were active at any given time of the day/night ?

·
Administrator
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Things I'd like to see:
Who posted last in a thread and when.
An intuitive indicator that I've posted in a thread when looking at the forum/new posts lists.
Who has posted last in a thread should be coming back very soon.

Depending on your preference settings, knowing if you posted in a thread can be accomplished.

Step One: Check your preference settings by clicking on your account settings under your avatar near the upper right-hand side of the community.

That will bring you to a new page with some left-side navigation. Select preferences.

That will bring you to this page.

Step 2: Make sure you have a checkmark in "Automatically watch content you interact with" and then click save.

Step 3: Now when you check popular or new posts you will see an "eye" under the title area.

It will also show on the thread list within a forum section.

Try it and let me know if it works for you. It isn't retroactive, so it won't be instant, but once you or others post in the thread again, it should work.

By the way, to find all your subscribed threads, click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view thread discussions or followed forums. You can also manage your notifications for them here.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
I used to be able to display "all" of my posts from the newest to the oldest if I wanted. I liked that a lot. It allowed me to review what things I had posted reguarding various problems to see if they may have helped, and whether or not those posts might possibly help others that have developed similar problems. I could also access the other members past posts to see if something they did in the past could have created a current problem they have now. If those functions were transferred over to this format, how do I find them ? If it no longer exists, can it be reinstalled (along with how to gain access to those 2 items) ?

·
Administrator
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I used to be able to display "all" of my posts from the newest to the oldest if I wanted. I liked that a lot. It allowed me to review what things I had posted reguarding various problems to see if they may have helped, and whether or not those posts might possibly help others that have developed similar problems. I could also access the other members past posts to see if something they did in the past could have created a current problem they have now. If those functions were transferred over to this format, how do I find them ? If it no longer exists, can it be reinstalled (along with how to gain access to those 2 items) ?
I believe this is part of the advanced search (it fuels the results) that the developers are still working on.

Have you tried this link for threads you have started?

- Cricket

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I'm happy to see the most recent poster in thread lists now.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
About this Discussion
53 Replies
16 Participants
Administrator
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing