Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Its getting better all the time. How about this >>>>> When i wanted to see what a members past posts were about, or possibly PM that member, all I had to do was mouse his signature an up popped a column (to pick from). It gave me 3 or 4 choices to pick from. Like total posts from latest to oldest (which of course could be page after page due to total accumulated), but I could scroll thru an read them. Or touch PM an the screen was ready to go with his signature already typed in to start sending a message to him/her. If those functions are in this forum somewhere, I don't know how as of yet, to get to it

·
Administrator
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
If you hover (or click) on an avatar (in threads) there is more information about the member and a way to click to start a conversation (PM) with them. You can still click to see posts but the volume of them will be limited until they finish with advanced search.

- Cricket

·
F1rehawk
626 Posts
The showcase section needs a serious overhaul. All the wording in not aligned and posting a picture is not user friendly.

·
Administrator
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The showcase section needs a serious overhaul. All the wording in not aligned and posting a picture is not user friendly.
Let me see what I can find out.

Did you try adding your image in the text editor box, the same way you do in a post?

In most cases, depending on the device you are using to access the forum, you should just be able to drag the image directly into the text editor, or even copy/paste it there. You can also use the "insert image" icon. Let me know if I can help with this.

- Cricket

·
F1rehawk
626 Posts
Let me see what I can find out.

Did you try adding your image in the text editor box, the same way you do in a post?

In most cases, depending on the device you are using to access the forum, you should just be able to drag the image directly into the text editor, or even copy/paste it there. You can also use the "insert image" icon. Let me know if I can help with this.

- Cricket
I just had to resize the images and it worked, thank you. The text is still all over the place though. Not a big deal but still.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
So, as I continue my campaign against VS's canned crap layout, I have shared on several sites, how a Xenforo board gets done. Here is our local board that just went live last night after conversion...

Note how clean, easy, legible, and usable it is by way of comparison. Useful features like "covers", etc...

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
No longer see the option to delete post and presume it didn't carry over in the forum renovation.

·
Administrator
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
So, as I continue my campaign against VS's canned crap layout, I have shared on several sites, how a Xenforo board gets done. Here is our local board that just went live last night after conversion...

Note how clean, easy, legible, and usable it is by way of comparison. Useful features like "covers", etc...
I know the owners over there and it's a great site and good people. I was part of ChicagoSVT.com that folding into that one.

The problem is we have over 1200 sites and manging them on a global level is much hard than converting one site that can have many custom options.

Jeff M

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
While I understand it's one site and there are a lot of custom features and tweaks he's done, the overall layout, a "template" if you will, once figured out, could be used across 1 or 1,200 boards. Just adjust the colors as needed. That's the point that seems to be being missed here. This layout hasn't gone over well on ANY of the forums I frequent that now use it, including here.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Saw the edit function and guess one could simply delete/backspace the entire message and click save. However, the delete message option was somewhat less cumbersome. Either way, it's not anything to write home about.

·
Administrator
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Saw the edit function and guess one could simply delete/backspace the entire message and click save. However, the delete message option was somewhat less cumbersome. Either way, it's not anything to write home about.
Only moderators and admins are able to delete a post, as needed, for situations like this one. Simply report the post for assistance.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor. Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
About this Discussion
53 Replies
16 Participants
Administrator
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing