Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This months its pretty simple...

5100 off MSRP on ANY G8 Sedan, or GT model in stock including the rebates.

If a picture is worth a thousand words... How about 5 Pictures...

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Damn, that blue GXP looks sweet. Wish I could afford another in my stable.

Maybe in a year I can pick up a used one....if anyone is dumb enough to let her go.

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Damn Nino! You guys rock! I hope my house sells soon, so I can get my GXP. Since there don't seem to be many near me equipped the way I want (SRM or PSM, 6M, no roof), and that supply may just dry up by the time my house sells, I may still end up making the flight down there and breaking in the car on the long drive back to WI. I plan to give my local dealer the first shot, but I'm afraid they may be one of the dealerships that will get the axe. If they go away, I have no loyalty to anyone else up here, so I may just come see you. Are you guys able to handle financing, licensing, etc to sell a vehicle to a resident of another state?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Not fair teasing us with the GXPs when you said that its only for G8 Sedans and GTs

·
Premium Member
4,609 Posts
Thats correct.

I just redid the math however and it isn't right....

Its supposed to be 5100.00 off including rebates. ;)
Apply that to the GXP and you will have some business!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think I may need to come down there for a photo shoot with my GXP! Could be part of the historic archives for the car. The last time that many new G8s were on a lot together.

Can you imagine the lots when they had the 60s muscle cars? A row of 67 Yenko Camaros? Live the moment...go buy yourself a G8. LOL.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nino - First, if it made ANY practical sense for me to travel across the country with my trade I would love to do business with you since you are so direct and support us so well! I wish you were closer!

I do have a question just so I can understand what is reasonable and what isn't. I've never bought a GM before so all these rebates, terminology, and layers of discounts seems a little overly complicated.

Based on what you are saying, is it reasonable to conclude that any dealer should be able to take $3,500 of MSRP on a G8 and if they don't, isn't that effectively the same as marking it up ABOVE MSRP since they are getting it back from GM on any sale anyway?

In your example it seems that your dealership has concluded that it is willing to offer a $1,600 reduction in MSRP + the $3,500 that is essentially coming from GM (directly or indirectly) = $5100 off MSRP. Is that right or is some of that $3500 discount coming out of the dealer's margins?

Again, I'm just trying to understand what is reasonable and what isn't when I'm talking to dealers. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nino...it would have to be during the week for me! Will try to make it out on Tues or Friday

·
Registered
166 Posts
Nino,
I sent you an email. Let me know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dizammmm....what are the MSRPs on those SB and white hot G8s I see there? Looks like a couple of G8 GT in SB and 1 in WH??? I know there is the GXP too but that is a lil out of range for me price wise (darnit).

Do you guys honor the GM College Purchase Program too on top of this current rebate plan?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nino,

Do dealers get coupons each month to make even better deals? Or did you all only have them last month?

Don't get me wrong this deal is good. My issue is, I know what they sold for two weeks ago, not to mention two months ago and I am just not comfortable with settling for this price before TTL. This forum doesn't help either when guys get on here and say they got their car for 27K OTD or 26,800 + TTL.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here's the deal and what everyone needs to understand.

Rebates are basically paid in cash by GM to the dealerships and they have gotten lower and lower the closer this looming bankruptcey gets.

What does this mean? Don't expect to get a huge incentove package later. Chances are they wont improve much.

Now, if you are a current GM owner, there is a chance I can check for eligibility of an additional 750 in rebates that would be available on any G8 whether GT, GXP or V6, but please dont ask me to check just cauxse you are curious, if you are someone wantin g a car that I have here then I can check for you.

That means if you qualify you can get 4250 off a GT or 3750 off a GXP in GM rebates. Add that to my current special I have posted and thats 5850 off any G8 sedan or GT on my lot. ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts