Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally Got my BL-5000 portable lift. The instructions sucked, but once I got it figured out it worked great!
Just need a bigger garage :)
It is portable but it's too big for a trunk. Need a pickup or a small trailer if going to the track. Pretty easy to move around the garage though.

Stored

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
They look cool, but to effectively work under a car, on the floor, the sides must be open imo.

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What one really needs is a bigger garage and a full sized lift! For what I have and what I need to do this is great. Makes changing exhaust out a lot easier. And wheels. And polishing the sides, etc.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Good for you Brian! Glad you got it!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I've been thinking about those for a while now. I was worried about not having any side access also. For sliding a tranny out or something like that. I'm beginning to lose hope in ever finding a house that has enough room around here to put a big shop and lift in. A 3 car garage with one of these lifts might have to do for a while.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
782 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
$1295 actually.

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Wish I had one of those! Nice

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts
So slick. Yup, I'm asking for one of these for christmas.

I was looking online about 2 weeks ago and didn't see where they were listed for sale. Just said "coming soon". Where did you order it from?

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think that's the 3500 in the video. Hoses do not come with quick disconnects preinstalled. When disconnecting after use there is always a little drippage. Each side weighs in around 60 lbs.
GarageJournal.com has a couple threads on it.

·
understeer
213 Posts
Paycheck;

Sweet unit; couple questions if you don't mind.

What is the max lift? Is this just a low rise lift? I've seen a few similar ones that are full rise 6', and can be recessed into the slab, so you never even know they are there...sit pretty much flush with the concrete, aside from a gap around the perimeter.

How heavy are these rigs? Easily portable?

Your last picture, in the collapsed position; what are they rectangular brackets extending out from each side? width guides? handles?

Are there rollers on one end, to allow you to roll it to your destination?

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Paycheck;

Sweet unit; couple questions if you don't mind.

Not at all!

What is the max lift? Is this just a low rise lift? I've seen a few similar ones that are full rise 6', and can be recessed into the slab, so you never even know they are there...sit pretty much flush with the concrete, aside from a gap around the perimeter.

About 22"

How heavy are these rigs? Easily portable?

Sides are around 60lbs.

Your last picture, in the collapsed position; what are they rectangular brackets extending out from each side? width guides? handles?

Handles to slide the sides around

Are there rollers on one end, to allow you to roll it to your destination?
Yup!

Here's the website:
http://www.bendpak.com/Shop-Equipment/QuickJack/BL-5000.aspx

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
Ah, you got one.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts