Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
UPDATE!

New video showing the updated version of the lift. Got some nice changes. Add the jack point adapters from ZL1addons.com and you have a nice setup!

http://youtu.be/zBAhpykKdj8

(Not my video, btw. But the guy does spell his name right!)

Might have to get a new one to lift the new truck!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I have been looking to get one of these jacks. I recently bought a C7 Vette, and I know it works great for it, but the 60" maximum spacing on this unit is shorter than the pinch weld locations on the G8.

Can you re-load the pics showing your use on the G8 and your SS?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have been looking to get one of these jacks. I recently bought a C7 Vette, and I know it works great for it, but the 60" maximum spacing on this unit is shorter than the pinch weld locations on the G8.

Can you re-load the pics showing your use on the G8 and your SS?

Thanks!
I'll try to find the pics, but I put a couple hockey pucks on the rubber blocks and lift by the pinch welds. One lift owner made his own lift extension. Since I have the original (shorter) unit, I may go that route.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Great. Hope you can find them.

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Thank you sir! I am very close to committing to this setup. Good to know I can use it for both cars. Need to look into the jacking points on my Sierra, and possibly get the 7000SLX.

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
I'm still holding onto the cash for one of these to go in my garage. Just found out I need to head to LA with my daughter for a conference too. I'll get one sooner or later.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
UPDATE!

New video showing the updated version of the lift. Got some nice changes. Add the jack point adapters from ZL1addons.com and you have a nice setup!

http://youtu.be/zBAhpykKdj8

(Not my video, btw. But the guy does spell his name right!)

Might have to get a new one to lift the new truck!
I went ahead and ordered the -7000SLX at the end of April, and was told I should be getting it in about a week, but no shipping info yet.

I went ahead and ordered (1) adapter from ZL1addons, and will order another 3. Looks like the pinch weld lift points that have recesses molded in the Rocker Panels are 65" at extreme ends, and the -5000SLX and -7000SLX models have a maximum 60" and the -5000 you have has a maximum 50" span for locating the jack pads. Did you do any trimming on the Rocker Panels to allow the ZL1 adapters to pick up the pinch weld within your 50" range? I would assume you have to.

Anyway, look forward to getting it, but if you have any additional info, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I didn't do any trimming. Haven't had time to use the Addons yet. I did find that the front pinch welds on the G8 are a bit wider than the SS, so I will have to order a couple more that are a bit wider.
I need to build a bracket that extends the length of the lift. One of the guys on Garage Journal made one.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Got the G8 up on the QuickJack today for the first time and did an oil change.

Here it is at max lift height:

I bought (4) of these pinchweld adapters. I used the front at the factory cutout locations in the rocker panel. The distance between the front and rear pinchweld cutouts is around 65", and the QuickJack only allows up to 60".
I was able to slide the rears between the rocker panel and the pinchweld and slide them forward, without having to trim the rocker panels(thought I was going to have to), and was able to fall within the limits of the QuickJack.

Rear:

Front:

I was planning on using my Race Ramp 8" cribs as added security, but too much suspension drop to get them to fit at max height.

They will work on the C7 though:

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Nice!
Did you get the 7000?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I did get the 7000SLX. Still waiting on my truck/suv adapters though, they are on back-order. Don't need the lift to do oil changes on the truck, and don't need to do any other work on it that would require it off all 4 wheels at this time, so that's fine. I just wanted to have the ability to lift the truck if/when I need to.

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Update!
I upgraded my BendPac BL5000 to the new 7000xls. This one reaches the lift points quite well. Still a bit short of the jack points. I like the new locking mechanism as well. Down side is it's much heavier (Portable? Yeah, if you can dead lift your own weight) and the new wheel position is worthless. Still need at least a 6 foot bed to transport it.
Pics are at the highest position.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Bringing this back...

I was actually looking at these jacks then came across the ZL1addons link.

Has anyone used or know off hand if the 5th gen camaro jack points will work on our G8s?

And for those of you that bought the 7000lbs quick jack lift, any regrets?

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
They have been recommending the Mustang pads for the SS, but I believe they have some for the SS now that should fit the G8.

No regrets here! And they do have an extension now for the newer lifts.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I just received my BL5000-SLX for my 2008 G8 GT. Did I screw up by ordering this one instead of the extended version??? If anyone using the SLX version with their G8 can you please post updated pictures how you are aligning with the pinch welds?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts