Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After more than 200k, i am seeing that the driver seat cushion is wearing pretty bad. Has a small split in it. Was looking to see if I could buy just the cushion for the driver with no luck. I have the black/red leather. Anyone out there seen this. Saw a match front driver/passenger but they wanted more than $600.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
With things being out of production re-upholstering is your only avenue outside of used seats. A good shop can match fabric and could probably duplicate the look very closely.

Go get a quote and see what they tell you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Upholstery shops are actually usually pretty cheap. Probably cheaper and way better quality than getting a used seat.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I went to a local auto upholstery shop and ordered Katzkins leathers. Around $1100 installed. They also wrapped the door handles, front and back in red. I went with smooth leather because the perforated always trapped dust dirt. Its much easier to keep clean now.

·
Registered
269 Posts
They also wrapped the door handles, front and back in red.
How did that turn out? I would've thought the handles were too small to get fabric on there and not impede operation.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
How did that turn out? I would've thought the handles were too small to get fabric on there and not impede operation.
I meant the inside armrests on the door panels. It is tight, but they removed the armrests, covered them, then re-attached to the door panels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts