Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my weather stripping coming out underneath my front car door. I had stuck the protruding pieces of plastic back in the holes.Is the weather stripping glued as well as something else with these pieces of plastic that sits in the the holes?

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Hey bud. Always something when it comes to cars. I just had all 4 window trim moldings replaced because of dry rot. Sorry I didn't have an answer to your question.

Hope to see you and the wife at Mosport this year!

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
They show that auxiliary rubber strip being held in place by approximately 9 push in retainers (built into the rubber strip itself). I guess if those retainers are starting to loose their ability to remain engaged, you could add a touch of black silicone or equivalent type of adhesive to those retainers, an push them back into place, if it becomes necessary.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Same thing happened to my old GP, the push in retainers got brittle and started breaking.
In my case it was actually cheaper to buy a replacement weatherstrip take the pins out and use them to replace the broken pins.
I think the cost of the pins only was more than buying the whole kit which was $20-25???.
I didn't bother with the glue route, I didn't think it would hold for what that's worth.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will see what happens, if it comes back out silicone or glue.Not a big deal just irritating, i guess it could be a lot worse. At this point these cars have been pretty good to me.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey bud. Always something when it comes to cars. I just had all 4 window trim moldings replaced because of dry rot. Sorry I didn't have an answer to your question.

Hope to see you and the wife at Mosport this year!
Mine is slowly doing it on my V6 will see how long before it needs replacing.
Will be at Mosport.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Looking at GM parts places, it looks like they show the weatherstrip (#92214483) comes *without* the retaining clips for about $17.50. An is only available for the left (drivers side) Passenger side carries a p/n of 92114484 if it were needed, an can be found somewhere. Of course they will be very happy to sell you all the clips you want (p/n 92196414) for a friendly price of about $3.60 each. Hope you can make the existing one survive.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking at GM parts places, it looks like they show the weatherstrip (#92214483) comes *without* the retaining clips for about $17.50. An is only available for the left (drivers side) Passenger side carries a p/n of 92114484 if it were needed, an can be found somewhere. Of course they will be very happy to sell you all the clips you want (p/n 92196414) for a friendly price of about &3.60 each. Hope you can make the existing one survive.
I am sure i can will see what happens in the weeks & months to come.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I recently pulled the door seals of my parts car I think some survived drop me a pm and if i can get some good ones Ill send you some.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Dave, I found a couple of the push in retainers from my GP.
Compared them to the G8 push ins and there not the same shape but you maybe able to trim them to get the job done.
I will bring some to Mosport or we can meet up and you give them a shot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts