Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Does anyone have experience using the Weld Wheels sizing chart to order wheels just based on their chart? If so, were you happy with the fitment? I want to order either some S77’s or S71’s 18” in the Front and 18x9.5 for the rear and want to run Brembo brakes. I don’t want to have any rubbing issues front or rear and wanted to know if the wheels would clear Brembos?
Thanks for your help/advice.

·
Pontiac Crazy
516 Posts
Use the CTS-V sedan fitment, it clears Brembos all the way down to a 17" wheel.

Reactions: MGMGXP

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, yutzybrian....??

MGMGXP, I love the idea of 17’s in the back instead of 18’s all the way around. You car looks awesome??
do you know I this combo would have any issues if the car was lowered a bit? Can you give me the exact specs on the wheels you ordered front and back?
Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Again, standard V2 fitment. I'm on coilovers and ran them lowered a bit but had some rubbing issues when I went to a 305/45/17 drag radial. Now when I put them on for a track day I raise the back about half an inch and have no more issues. I'd suggest a pretty aggressive fender roll if you want to be lowered and run 305's.
gxp.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Again, standard V2 fitment. I'm on coilovers and ran them lowered a bit but had some rubbing issues when I went to a 305/45/17 drag radial. Now when I put them on for a track day I raise the back about half an inch and have no more issues. I'd suggest a pretty aggressive fender roll if you want to be lowered and run 305's. View attachment 179744
Are they 17x10

1 - 11 of 11 Posts