Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn it, I should have taken pictures.

Tail lights, door handles, front bumper cover all removed. Headlights taped off. Primer and sanded patches on the roof, on the door, on the front clip, on the hood, on the driver side fender. Inside door trim panels removed (to get to the door handles). ACK!

They are painting on Monday all day I was told. Holes on the front nose where the Pontiac arrowhead was and front license plate bracket were are filled, sanded and primed. They even filled, sanded and primed some of the curb scratches on the under side of the front bumper!

When we dropped the car off there was a 2500 crew cab pickup truck that was torn up from the front fender to the bed. We got to see it being delivered today and it was pristine. No orange peeling, color match perfect, black truck - so I feel like I'm in really good hands.

Joe, the tech working on my car gave my daughter a full tour of the body shop and answered ALL her questions. Even showed her other vehicles that they are working on, what they're doing, how they got damaged, what needs to be fixed, etc. etc., and answered all her mechanically questions. Proud of the little stinker, she asked a lot of good questions and was very fascinated by the paint booth in particular.

Kudos to Joe, Brandon and Teresa over at Valley Pontiac. Also my rear parking assist is installed already - told it works, they did a good job. Has the four "dimple" sensors, color matched on the rear bumper. Turns out they had to buy a special hole saw and it took much longer than the GM stated 1.5 hours to install. They ate the difference.

Car will probably be done on Wednesday, I'll probably pick up on Friday and just stay south for the Bonney Lake meet.

·
American Muscle, Sort Of
397 Posts
What's going on, Dave? Getting a repaint?

I'd like to know where this is happening, when it comes time to repaint my own G8... can't really trust any of the local paint & body shops.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's going on, Dave? Getting a repaint?

I'd like to know where this is happening, when it comes time to repaint my own G8... can't really trust any of the local paint & body shops.
I'm having Valley Buick/GMC do the work in Auburn, Washington. I figured the dealer body shop was the best way to go.

My G8 got shelled by a gravel truck on SH-167 back in August. On a quick glance it appeared to be almost undamaged, sans a couple of nasty chips on the roof of the car, but it had over two dozen chips going as far back as the passenger side front door and up on the roof. Because of the damage on the roof, where there are no natural paint breaks, they are just about repainting the whole car. They're going to blend/tint on the driver side doors and not paint the rear bumper, I believe that's it.

While in the shop for this repair work they are also removing the front Pontiac arrowhead and front license plate bracket - nice clean nose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts