Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to summit racing and bought pedders shock/struts rear stock #ped-9295 and fronts # ped-9464l and ped-9464r and ntb said to get a camber kit for front because the rear has adjusters but front didnt. took every thing back to ntb to have put on and they said they couldnt do it because the pedders are lowering struts and wouldnt fit stock springs but summit racing says there a stock strut not a lowering strut and the pedders didnt have strut mounts and coil spring isolator. so i call back to summit racing and they can get the front strut mount and says there isnt anything showing for a rear but ntb swears theres a rear strut mount. at this point im so confused. so i took everything back to summit racing and gave up. if anyone could shed some light on the situation i would appreciate it thanks for looking

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone know about these struts? do i need extra parts to go with them to be installed im a newbie to all this any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
take it a place that isn't some garbage chain shop like NTB, find a local performance shop

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
NTB really isn't the right place for a car like this when doing performance upgrades. They won't have the ready access to specs for non-OE parts. There are more specialized shops that can handle what you want them to do.

As far as the rear mounts, they are not incorrect. They gotta attach to the frame rails somehow, and then they have to have isolators for additional shock absorption. There is a mount in the rear that contains such a rubber piece that is shaped like a wheel with an inverted taper. So there ARE mounts.

Still, you gotta either find a performance shop or do it yourself. Or at least a trustworthy independent shop that knows what they're doing with a suspension.

·
CCG8 Member
1,599 Posts
Per Pedder's site they are direct replacements so I don't know what NTB is talking about.

You typically reuse the rear mount unless the rubber idolater is shot also.

Where are you located anyway?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Yeah, those rubber mounts ate lifetime components. They're not exposed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts