Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know y'all have been in the same situation... these are just the folks who have tried to "show me" this week. I just let them go, didn't waste the gas.

- Stockish Challenger R/T. Couldn't he see the "GXP" badge or hear my straight pipes ? I ran a similar R/T at the strip a while back and beat him so bad I was in a different Zip Code when I crossed the line. Wife was with me this time, so I let him go.

- Stockish 04 Mustang G/T. Had an exhaust I guess. Slower than the R/T I expect.

- MIATA ! With a huge wing. R U kidding ?? I shook my head... was speechless.

- Newer Civic Si. We turn left side-by-side onto a 4 lane road. I heard him go WOT next to me. Huh ? This might be a good race with my old RSX-S, but come on... I gave him about 2 sec of 2nd gear, straight-pipe thunder to wake him from his dream. He dropped WAY back after that.

I mostly like the fact that people don't really know what this car is, but the above ridiculousness represents the down side.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I mostly like the fact that people don't really know what this car is, but the above ridiculousness represents the down side.
You are 100% correct. Its funny when you get around a group of people and everyone starts talking "cars".................someone inevitably will say, "what kind of car do you have?" When you tell them, they look at you like a confused 8 year old that just found out the Easter Bunny isn't real! Then they say......."Oh, that's cool, did you get the 2 door or the 4 door?" That's when you turn around and leave the room because you'll wasting your breath from that point on.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Def agree. Very few people recognize the G8 for what it really is, and those that do usually aren't the ones toying with you. However, there is definetly a certain amount of satisfaction to be had putting them in their place...

I remember one time (in Mexico of course), I was sitting at a stop light on a 5 lane road when a Neon SRT4 pulled up next to me, crappy bass blaring, baseball cap on sideways, etc. He revved the little 4 banger for all its worth. Once I turned down my music, I could barely hear his car over the rumble of my exhaust. I thought, eh, what the hell. Why not. Light turned green and I let him react first (wasn't going to waste the gas if he wasn't going to jump on it). Sure enough he did. I don't know what happened quicker, my face turning all smiles or me leaving the line. I quickly blew by him (into another zip code as well, I like that OP) and let up (no sense in wasting the gas), he eventually caught up and did the ricer blow by.

Most the time they aren't worth the gas, but occasionally its fun to watch them realize they are not in fact hot ****....

·
Motoring Enthusiast
129 Posts
I love that people don't recognize the G8. Total sleeper mobile. I get more appreciation from older gentlemen too about the car. I have actually had two cops tell me the car was "cherry", I was like, wow how old do you have to be to call cars "cherry" still.

I love that look of what just happened on people's faces. Especially douche bag BMW drivers. (Not saying all are, just the ones that fit the stereotype.)

Great kills man!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cherry = early 60s Beach Boys lingo. Haha. Even I'm too young for that.

·
Registered
928 Posts
People not knowing what our cars are is the main reason that keeps me from selling mine. I would miss the priceless look that people have when you blow by them.

Agreed!!

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Great stories. It is our jobs to teach those unknowning out on the highway. Always better to learn the hard way. ;)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I had a kid once on a previous Gen Camaro. He was driving next to me wondering if I am going to bite or not (the car was modded for what I can hear). All the sudden goes WOT and start pulling away about 1 car length; well... I want to have some fun too. Floored mine and stopped him from pulling away and start to gain ground. That is when he stopped and no rice fly by on my part.

It was not kill or killed; more of a show of what both have.

BTW, my car is 99% Stock. The only mod is the Camaro Intake Smooth Tube.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just yesterday another one........ a Celica GT.......... not even a GT-S !!

My old, modded RSX-S would have DESTROYED the Celica. And my GXP is in a different universe from my old RSX.

I guess the Celica guy thought his weird-looking exhaust tip added 200 hp.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
I know y'all have been in the same situation... these are just the folks who have tried to "show me" this week. I just let them go, didn't waste the gas.

- Stockish Challenger R/T. Couldn't he see the "GXP" badge or hear my straight pipes ? I ran a similar R/T at the strip a while back and beat him so bad I was in a different Zip Code when I crossed the line. Wife was with me this time, so I let him go.

- Stockish 04 Mustang G/T. Had an exhaust I guess. Slower than the R/T I expect.

- MIATA ! With a huge wing. R U kidding ?? I shook my head... was speechless.

- Newer Civic Si. We turn left side-by-side onto a 4 lane road. I heard him go WOT next to me. Huh ? This might be a good race with my old RSX-S, but come on... I gave him about 2 sec of 2nd gear, straight-pipe thunder to wake him from his dream. He dropped WAY back after that.

You would be fun to pull up next to on the street... I love baiting people into taking off randomly... the slower the car im in the more entertaining it is too

·
Registered
789 Posts
I know! It's funny! I went to the Flashlight Drags yesterday and arrived late, but begged my way in because it was the last time I'd be able to do it before moving out west. I got into the elims in street class, and the first race was against an R32. Of course, smoked him easily, but he whined all the way down the return road that I was 'tuned' and should be in the tuner class, even though the race organizers know I have a CAI and headers. I think he though he was running a G6...lol. I made it to round 3 before being beat by a nasty Turbo Fiero!!! At least it was another Pontiac!

Then, on the way home, three guys in a 2009? Mustang GT. Laughable, giving him the hit, and just blowing past him, with A/C on windows up, and waving as I went by!!!

Then, a cute girl in a Charger R/T...just no match at all, but she does a ricer fly-by and then waves out the sunroof! I had to put her in her place again, and again!

No respect, I tell ya, no respect at all!!!!

Meanwhile, all the owners of the exotics had their cars in a parking lot somewhere, drinking coffee and posing. I went to the Pittsburgh Cars n Coffee once, and asked why NONE of them ever went to the Flashlight Drags....all I got were looks of disbelief that I would ever even SUGGEST that they take them out for a little competition!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
You should of put that challenger R/T in its place he prob thought his car was fast lol

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I never get picked on. Lol.

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
I love that people don't recognize the G8. Total sleeper mobile. I get more appreciation from older gentlemen too about the car. I have actually had two cops tell me the car was "cherry", I was like, wow how old do you have to be to call cars "cherry" still.

I love that look of what just happened on people's faces. Especially douche bag BMW drivers. (Not saying all are, just the ones that fit the stereotype.)

Great kills man!
Cherry = early 60s Beach Boys lingo. Haha. Even I'm too young for that.
if you know what it means...you're not too old. Some expressions are timeless (you know...like shiznit)

·
Registered
174 Posts
I posted up a vid of that turbo Fiero at the flash light drags a few days ago. Its got a 3800 (L67) swap. The turbo conversion is fairly new (we are getting rid of the small, stock, supercharger) with only a handful of them up and running. They typically run high 10's. The fastest is a 10.2.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Atleast you guys get chargers and challengers to race you, they act like I'm not even there. That's going to change soon though, doing a cam swap soon.
Then they will hear you pounding the ground beside them and be scared to even line them up....ask me how I know :wink2:

and good luck on your cam swap...You are going to LOVE IT!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.