Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

If you are lucky enough to get a tax return this year, what are your plans with it and why?

New intake?
Cam?
Twin turbo?

Or if your return looks like mine - a car wash hahah

·
One of them OGOC folks
337 Posts
Making an RRSP contribution is the best thing you can do, for me it's always increased the amount the gov't sends back to me. Last year it bumped up my return by almost $800 so I'm hoping for something similar this year. Have a baby on the way, so not sure I can convince my better half that the money would be best spent on mods...

·
Registered
906 Posts
Wish I got one...so many wants.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hookers and blow of course, what else is there to do :wink2: :drink:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Making an RRSP contribution is the best thing you can do, for me it's always increased the amount the gov't sends back to me. Last year it bumped up my return by almost $800 so I'm hoping for something similar this year. Have a baby on the way, so not sure I can convince my better half that the money would be best spent on mods...
Congrats - wishing you a healthy and happy baby. You're doing the right thing bro.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Paying down student and G8 loans :(

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I have family all around there what are you getting done?
Full Biomechanic chest plate with some nuclear stuff tied in, like a nuclear core. Will look like iron mans arc reactor. Then ill be comin back in a few months to get the whole biomech sleeve done. Ill be driving out in june.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
For the first time in a long time, I'll be getting money back this year, yay! If it were completely up to me, I'd use the money to develop a shaker hood setup for the G8; I've been wanting to do that since I first got the car. However... I'll likely just put it in the bank for the future :(.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
No idea yet... Paying down a little debt... Maybe used towards making more debt... We shall see...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Paying down student and G8 loans :(
Bumping this one back up. I got $500 more than I was expecting, so I went ahead and bought a pair of new aftermarket TYC headlights.

I will immediately tear them apart and replace the low beam projector assembly with bi-xenon FX-R 1.1 projectors that I had lying around. They were meant for my Bonneville GXP which already has Morimoto Mini H1 projectors, but I never got around to that project. I also bought a Morimoto D2S (H11 relay harness) HID setup to go with it: 35W ballast and 4300K bulbs.

Why go through this much work? I'm pretty OCD about my lighting and don't like the idea of a plug and play H11 HID kit through the stock reflector lens and cutoff shields that have the squirrel finders. Better than any HID kit slapped into a reflector bowl, but still too much glare for my liking. Since I'd end up hacking it open to do clear lenses and fix the squirrel finders anyway, why not go the extra mile and get a working bi-xenon setup?

This was the Bonneville's setup:

Nice and sharp cutoff:

·
One of them OGOC folks
337 Posts
This post reminded me to file my return last night...lol

·
Registered
610 Posts
you mean the 30 bucks I got back... i guess go out to eat? How does one end up with 500 more than expected unless they have kids and get that benefit.

Most I ever ended up with without the house tax credit (I fell in the payback one, not the freebie one) is 100 bucks.... Ive been paying taxes since like 16. Glad I have always landed on a positive note when it comes to tax day. but still nothing more than 100 bucks :/

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
This, and wheels and tires:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts