Pontiac G8 Forum banner

781 - 800 of 857 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well I'm going in to my shop today at lunchtime so I can put my baby on the lift and install some new BMR subframe connectors and a trans tunnel brace.

Maybe mount a GXP wheel to see how they are going to look.

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
31 Posts
Don't drive it to work even in good times, but have been taking a drive per week during quarantine to just get out. A lot of other performance cars doing the same I've noticed...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Trans tunnel brace and subframe connectors installed. I'll have to take her for a nice ride on some twisty roads to see if I can tell any difference.

I did end up mounting one GXP wheel just to see how it looks. WAY better than the stock 18s on my base. I can't wait to get the Brembos and GXP wheels on. Should look a lot better and also brake better.

·
SUSP3CT
1,026 Posts
Trans tunnel brace and subframe connectors installed. I'll have to take her for a nice ride on some twisty roads to see if I can tell any difference.

I did end up mounting one GXP wheel just to see how it looks. WAY better than the stock 18s on my base. I can't wait to get the Brembos and GXP wheels on. Should look a lot better and also brake better.
Interested in the update as well. Parts I have been looking at but not sure if there is a noticeable improvement. Keep us posted! GXP wheels FTW!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Went for a test drive with a few new parts onboard...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Got to do a 40 mile cruise today to test drivability. Filled up with some E85 too just to see how it responded. Drove excellent but no more power until I get it tuned for it. Overall very happy so far, just need to evaluate what tires I need to get next 😂

Reactions: tchr49

·
Pontiac Crazy
473 Posts
New gauges showed up today. Got tired of looking at metric on 2 out the 3 HSV gauges. Should be a fairly easy install tonight.

·
Pontiac Crazy
473 Posts
Got the gauges done tonight, thought I had add-a-circuits on hand but didn't and didn't feel like going to the store last night.

Reactions: Hot Rod

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Nice, love the gauges, is it hard to do, what about the entire center?

Me, stop driving because of the 'Rona, about 2 months worth of daily driving. Decided that is time to retire the G8 from the daily duties and garage it. Is not in bad shape, nothing tore or broken, never modded (if a Solo Catback Mach 2 Balanced is a mod, I guess it is), just a bit worn after 10 years. Have some BMR Bushing sitting in the garage for more than a year waiting for the day that the car can sit still. Several a weeks ago, when doing an oil change on my 16 Colorado at the dealer (cannot beat $45 oil change with synthetic), eye balled some Silverado Fleet/Work Trucks. Asked if I can buy those and they said yes, asked for a test drive. Last week (5/4/20 numerology 5x4=20), just bought a 2020 Silverado 2500HD W/T and is pretty darn loaded for a basic, plain Jane W/T with 27 miles on the clock. What I wanted was the V8 Duramax with the 10 Speed Allison. Let me tell you some... this combo (Powertrain) is badass, love the darn thing, the best, got it for $47K no money down. has Power Windows/Locks, AC, full gauge cluster, DIC, Blutooth with Android Auto/Apple Play, 7 in Touchscreen, 6 Speaker Stereo, Rubberized Vinyl Carpet, Towing Mirror (heated/remote), backup camera with the Stereoscopic View, Z82 Towing Package (include G80 Locker, Brake Controller and wiring), Exhaust Brake, remote Tailgate Open, V8 Duramax (400 HP/900 FtLbs) with Block Heater (with cable) and the weirdest thing.... NO REMOTE START.

Well, timing is weird... At my job, they are doing cutbacks, layoffs and all in between. If I lose my job, I am thinking on doing some Hot Shots since I got the truck for it.

·
Pontiac Crazy
473 Posts
Nice, love the gauges, is it hard to do, what about the entire center?
The gauges were pretty easy. I got the cable that plugs into the OBD2 port, so I only had to hook up 3 wires. For ground I put a ring terminal on and added it an existing ground. Power and illumination are tied into existing circuits in the kick panel fuse box using add-a-circuits. So I got it done without any splice connectors. The radio swap is pretty well documented already (search for Series 2 radio), but it involves taking almost all of the surrounding trim off and replacing certain pieces.

·
every village has one
2,240 Posts
Got to do a 40 mile cruise today to test drivability. Filled up with some E85 too just to see how it responded. Drove excellent but no more power until I get it tuned for it. Overall very happy so far, just need to evaluate what tires I need to get next 😂
You will like the e85. Hope you upgraded your fuel system.

781 - 800 of 857 Posts