Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like title says, I would like to know what 600+ cars are running for tires. I've searched and heard different things about what hooks....on other cars :cry:....not too many about g8s. I'm looking at the Nt05Rs in a 305/35/19 and mt et street II in same size. I know they don't last long but I don't dd the car anymore. I have 285 nitto invos and love them at the power Im at now, but I doubt they will hold more than NA power. Im also open to looking at any other tires that anyone else may be running.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
This is a tough one.... at these higher power levels, nothing will hold really and you will have to feather it.... I didnt have an issue until I got over 650rwhp..... under that you can do ok if your careful to not accel to fast.... but over that its impossible to keep them grounded....

I just bought some Nitto 555r's for the street cause from what I heard and read they suck for the track but are decent for the street cause their life is better than those others and handle rain decent....not as sticky as the nt05r or MT... but kind of a mid range option so you get decent miles out of them and they stick better than invos and other street tires... I went with 305's on a 11" wheel (10.75 actually)... I need to move my brake line and a couple cuts on inner fender but should have pics of them soon once I get that done...

good luck but more power is kind of scary on the street... I think the 550rwhp for the street is the most managable... higher than that you just have to pray and be smart...

good luck!!

·
every village has one
2,319 Posts
"for", or "to"?????

·
BOOOOOOOOOOST
702 Posts
For street tires? Why not just the NT05 (the non "r" version) in a 295 or so? It will last more than twice as long as the "r" and will still give you some solid grip.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
For street tires? Why not just the NT05 (the non "r" version) in a 295 or so? It will last more than twice as long as the "r" and will still give you some solid grip.
This is what im looking at gor my tires. I make 501rwhp. And I cant hook worth **** under 60mph

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lil searching provided nitto hasn't released the nt05r in 305/35/19 yet. The nt05 (non r) jumps from 275 to 335....no sizes in between for 19s. Ivnos come in all sizes for 19s. The nitto 555r doesn't come in 19s at all. So mt et street 2s are at the top of my list now, just hate I'll only get 6k out of them maybe....and Im not trying to break records for hp lol. Im just slapping a p1sc on with about 7 to 9 psi with my motor setup I have now. I hope I don't go to much in the 600 range actually.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Lil searching provided nitto hasn't released the nt05r in 305/35/19 yet. The nt05 (non r) jumps from 275 to 335....no sizes in between for 19s. Ivnos come in all sizes for 19s. The nitto 555r doesn't come in 19s at all. So mt et street 2s are at the top of my list now, just hate I'll only get 6k out of them maybe....and Im not trying to break records for hp lol. Im just slapping a p1sc on with about 7 to 9 psi with my motor setup I have now. I hope I don't go to much in the 600 range actually.
Hsve you looked at toyo r888 295/30/19?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hsve you looked at toyo r888 295/30/19?
Yeah, I looked at them. They look pretty good just need to see if i can find them cheaper than $ 409

·
Premium Member
562 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm trying the BFG G-Force TA KDW2's next. Hopefully they will hook better than my S-Drives.
I have the BFG G Force kdw II in a 275/35/19 and I can spin them much easier than I was expecting with only 331rwhp. After a few burnouts and sliding the car around a few corners they grab pretty good. Also hook good when its 95+degrees out.

·
There was one?
2,310 Posts
I will be in this same situation come mid April. I currently have 285 Vredestien's Sessanta's. I will repost to let everyone know how they do..... I will have between 600 & 700 whp.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i run an ET street, 305 35/18, rolled fenders, I can still spin em but they are at least controllable... first downside is they dont last long, i am always tempted to put my foot down so that cant help and the second downside is they are a lil "squishy" in their ride quality, a lot of float just cruising down the hwy... otherwise i love em, went from breaking traction 80+mph to just some spin on the dig and the shifts

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
I have the BFG G Force kdw II in a 275/35/19 and I can spin them much easier than I was expecting with only 331rwhp. After a few burnouts and sliding the car around a few corners they grab pretty good. Also hook good when its 95+degrees out.
This doesn't sounds very promising. :(

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i run an ET street, 305 35/18, rolled fenders, I can still spin em but they are at least controllable... first downside is they dont last long, i am always tempted to put my foot down so that cant help and the second downside is they are a lil "squishy" in their ride quality, a lot of float just cruising down the hwy... otherwise i love em, went from breaking traction 80+mph to just some spin on the dig and the shifts
Wonder if this would be the same with the 305/35/19?

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Wonder if this would be the same with the 305/35/19?
They will not work. You will have to cut and roll and pull fenders to het them to work.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They will not work. You will have to cut and roll and pull fenders to het them to work.
I have cut and rolled fenders. My wheel setup up lowered doesn't rub and thats a 285 on a 19x9.5 45mm offset wheel with a 20mm wheel adapter. So I figured i could take the adapter off and be good with a 305 in the back.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I have cut and rolled fenders. My wheel setup up lowered doesn't rub and thats a 285 on a 19x9.5 45mm offset wheel with a 20mm wheel adapter. So I figured i could take the adapter off and be good with a 305 in the back.
Hmm im lowered and I have a 10in wheel and 285 and rub on bumps. Maybe ill have to cut them.

·
There was one?
2,310 Posts
1 - 20 of 70 Posts