Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent had a car that I have really cared about in about ten years. Back in the day the Absorber was the go-to "chamois". What's everyone use these days to dry their car off? I dont want to spend a bunch of money on something, but I was just wondering if there was something I didnt know about that works better than the Absorber for drying. Thanks guys.

·
Official Top Gear Addict
177 Posts
I still stand by my absorbers. Haven't found anything much better. For spray detailing though I'll use microfiber towels.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
171 Posts
Bicycle handlebar Machine

This...just got it for Father's Day. Can't wait to try it.
MetroVac Air Force Master Blaster.

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
I still stand by my absorbers. Haven't found anything much better. For spray detailing though I'll use microfiber towels.
+1

Blowers are nice but seems a lot more work, what with the cords and all.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I almost always use a blower and a Adams drying towel. Easiest and safest way to dry with out putting scratches in the paint. Then adams detail spray with a drying towel or microfiber. Hands down the best way to dry a car.

·
You've got mail, YAAAAY!
1,950 Posts
This:

·
2008 G8 GT
1,430 Posts
I used to use a cheap version of a ShamWow that a friend of mine gave me (some friend, right?).

I used to, before that, use the old chamois that my brother had discarded.

I wanted to minimize the scratches I might have been putting in my clearcoat from the cheap ShamWow so I bought a Cobra waffle-weave microfiber towel and it has been working great. It is soft, it absorbs a lot and it wrings-out very well.

I thought about using my electric leafblower but between the cord and all the noise-even if I had a gas powered blower, I'd not use it as it is just too much just to dry a car off.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
View attachment 29530

This...just got it for Father's Day. Can't wait to try it.
MetroVac Air Force Master Blaster.
I just saw this advertised on TV yesterday. Let us know what you think of it once you get a chance to use it!

·
Registered
80 Posts
The one thing I hate with any sort of towel is that when you think you are done, water drips out from under some seam or weather stripping. Using a blower would probably help that.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
When neighbor is out mowing with his carbon credit battery mower, I dry with vintage 2 stroke echo -gotta keep the environmental balance.

Otherwise it's the clean quiet4 stroke makita followed by a waffle microfiber

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
After I wash it I take it for a romp on the freeway...100mph winds typically do a good job drying the car:boink:

Then I spray it lightly w/ meguiars ultimate quick detailer and wipe down any water spots w/ a microfiber cloth

·
Registered
494 Posts
Squeegee, then Stihl backpack blower. Then catch any drips with a microfiber towel. I wipe the jambs with a cotton hand towel. Works great. I'll never mess with a chamois again.

·
Registered
86 Posts
+1 for the blower. Follow it up with Adams or Zaino detail spray and a microfiber towel. No water drips, water spots, etc.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The one thing I hate with any sort of towel is that when you think you are done, water drips out from under some seam or weather stripping. Using a blower would probably help that.
That's one of my pet peeves too. I always get some water dripping from behind the mirror and around the trunk.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts