Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made the mistake a while ago to use a paste type leather cleaner/conditioner and, over a year later, I still have the evidence in the holes. I have tried the shop vac and it worked somewhat. Have considered a small drill bit to clean the holes, but very hesitant to do that.

Now, I only use the pre-moistened wipes, but would love to use a good quality product on them.

·
every village has one
2,379 Posts
I like the Turtle Ice premium interior care spray. I've used on everything inside.
I still use Lexol occasionally, but when I want a quick wipe down, I use the Ice.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I use the teeth of a comb to perforate the holes. Works great. And a nice spray of 303 Aerospace to condition.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Adams doesn't leave crud in the holes.

But if you do have some paste still stuck in them, I would think that a toothpick would get it out. ?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A toothpick might do, but I thought spinning a tiny drill bit would pull stuff out of the holes instead of pushing it around.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I wouldn't use a drill on my leather seats. You still have to push the bit through the hole anyway which would just push the goop in. Just use a comb tooth, the leather isn't that thick so it just dissipates into the foam.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
No drill. Toothpick but will take a while. I use lexol cleaner and conritioner. Happy. Try a soft brush. Softer then a tooth brush and just try cleaning it a couple times. You use warm water to help open pours . Spray cleaner on with warm ,don't wanna go to hot water ,and scrub and clean leather. Don't need to use to much elbow grease . Then condition. Its like 16 bucks or so for a bottle of both at Walmart. My old job used this stuff and that's how I learned of it and used it. Good luck

·
****cray
2,199 Posts
meguiars leather conditioner cleaner in the spray bottle. it does
come out thick, but will wipe off, and doesnt stay in your hole.

use it on both the g8 and the gto.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, all! The responses are appreciated. Looks like plenty of good info to clean 'em up good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts