Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just turn the ignition on.

The starter control is electronic so you can't do any harm.

e.g. To start the car you do NOT have to hold the key in the start position until she fires up. You can release straight away and it will keep turning until it starts
Just turn it to when the car starts doing its system check (I think it's like 2 clicks)

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
Its true with these new vehicles you just turn the key and release and the starter cranks until the car fires up. Once the car is running you can turn the key again and it wont make that nasty sound like older cars do from holding the key too long.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is my first car ever with a remote start.

Before, I was using the run out in your underwear at 5 am to start it technique, or the grin and bear it omg Im so effing cold/hot technique.
Picture someone doing that here in Wyoming in winter. ;-)

Seriously, folks out here use those a lot. Vehicles are often parked close to the door of both work and house. We have a meeting in the maintenance office where I work just before quitting time and everyone starts their trucks (just outside the window) as the meeting winds down.

BTW, I just bought one like that and didn't know it until I wondered about that little arrow and Googled to find this answer. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great

wow thank you we were searching for this from last night :D now we know what to do?
You lock the doors with the lock button, then press that arrow-circle button for 4 seconds and your car will start.

Again, press lock first, then hold down that arrow-circle button and the car will start.

Believe me, you are where I was in May/June of 2011 and I had just gotten my car. It's a lot of fun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great

You lock the doors with the lock button, then press that arrow-circle button for 4 seconds and your car will start.

Again, press lock first, then hold down that arrow-circle button and the car will start.

Believe me, you are where I was in May/June of 2011 and I had just gotten my car. It's a lot of fun.
we were wondering from last night about this :D thanks for helping us out :grin2: God bless

·
Registered
73 Posts
Same thing happened to me when I bought my car off the original owner last summer. One of the first questions I asked was "Does it have a remote start" to which he replied "No". When going through the paperwork later he had included the original window sticker and as I was looking at it noticed "Remote start". Cool, so I go out to the car and start pressing the button, nothing happens. I then went through the owners manual and and found the right way to do it and Vroooom, away she goes. Maybe one day next summer I'll take the time to drive over to his house and show him what the "Funny looking" button does.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Omggg I almost bought a starter key and I have two! I just started it from my hotel room thank you!!!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts